• Show
Clear All

• Ibanez PIA

Re: Ibanez PIA

They made the handle not a handle.

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

Comment

Always thought the original JEM was a classic axe (I had an RG 550), and I think the PIA will be just as popular and useful. Anyone know what they'll sell for?
      aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Not bad, except the heinous colors and all gold hardware, I'd like it in black, or natural with chrome or black hardware. I know, this is all MHO, and I am a Vai fanboy, but he won't be decorating my house.

I've owned a few JEMs (in subdued colors, rootbeer, black, blue, blue floral, and yes a white one, all MIJ) and they are some of my favorite guitars, but gold just doesn't work for me. I would love to have my rootbeer back, they are impossible to find at player prices now days.

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
          Always thought the original JEM was a classic axe (I had an RG 550), and I think the PIA will be just as popular and useful. Anyone know what they'll sell for?

Comment

The trem cover design is fantastic. Everything else is pretty meh. Just your standard jem without the monkey grip.
            Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
            This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I thought it was an alright guitar until I watched the video. But his enthusiasm for the design made me like it considerably more.
              You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
              Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Eh....here's what I'd get instead...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Guild_X-100.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	5818006

(Yeah....REAL cutouts )
                "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

The extra/new contouring of the body, I don't care much for that to be honest. But I love how they tied the ENTIRE esthetic together, unlike the JEM (compared to this anyway). And mán, those pickups look sweet. I love, love love the Evolution pickups. To me, some of the finest work Larry and Steve have done. If this is a tighter version of that, I'm game. I would love to own a set but they retail for 194$ PER PICKUP!!!!!! (yes I got the OEM price list in the mail last night).

Comment

Not quite my thing, but the original Jem wasn't for me, either. He makes it sound great, though.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                      Not quite my thing, but the original Jem wasn't for me, either. He makes it sound great, though.
                      Are you not glad finally a cavity with magnet instead of screws? Amen to that brotha.

Comment

Originally posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post
                        Are you not glad finally a cavity with magnet instead of screws? Amen to that brotha.
                        This alone is almost worth the price of admission.

This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

To be honest I don't quite get the point of the removable back panel. The only time you should need to take it off is when you're changing bridges or altering your setup.
                          You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                          Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

At $3500 each [plus tax] IDK how this is suppose to help JEM sales as i heard they were way down.
                            This is basically an $800 massed produced CADD/CNC guitar with $2700 worth of aesthetics.
                            Steve's mission statement with his endorsements he claims has always been to appeal to the common folk.

Not feeling it here.
                            I really care about how a guitar plays & sounds, not cheap fake gold thats going to rub off.

And i prefer solid body guitars without extra holes for the sake of holes.

Pretty clear Ibanez is so afraid of loosing Steve they will give him whatever he wants.
                            Last edited by JMP/HBE; 01-17-2020, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
                              To be honest I don't quite get the point of the removable back panel. The only time you should need to take it off is when you're changing bridges or altering your setup.
                              It makes it hella quicker to block/unblock your bridge.

Comment

Working...
                              X