Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ibanez PIA

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
    It makes it hella quicker to block/unblock your bridge.
    It's even quicker if you just leave the back off.
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
      It's even quicker if you just leave the back off.
      But then you play naked and whammy a lot your pubes get stuck in the trem springs and rip out.
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        Not quite my thing, but the original Jem wasn't for me, either. He makes it sound great, though.
        Same here. Always thought Vai turned the classic RG body shaped into a monstrosity. This PIA even more so.
        Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Originally posted by Synapsys View Post
          Same here. Always thought Vai turned the classic RG body shaped into a monstrosity. This PIA even more so.
          I thought the RG was the non-JEMed JEM? Development and release was in parallel, right?
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I thought the RG was the non-JEMed JEM? Development and release was in parallel, right?
            The JEM came first, then the RG.
            aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
              The Ibanez RG was originally designed in '87, the same year as Steve Vai's signature guitar JEM 777, and perhaps the RG was received and served as a derivative of Vai's model back then.

Either way, I've always liked the RG line (owned a '94 RG270, a much missed '96 RG527RLTD, and currenlty own a '15 RG870RWZ), but never liked the JEM line.
              Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

But then you play naked and whammy a lot your pubes get stuck in the trem springs and rip out.
                1- trim
                2- change how low your guitar hangs
                3- suffer for your art and enjoy the pain

Comment

Originally posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post
                  Are you not glad finally a cavity with magnet instead of screws? Amen to that brotha.
                  Indeed. See, it isn't that hard to do.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Im pretty handy with a backplate & screwdriver and we have laminate flooring so ...

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                      1- trim
                      2- change how low your guitar hangs
                      3- suffer for your art and enjoy the pain
                      I appreciate that putting on pants didn't even enter your mind as a possible solution. :P
                      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I appreciate that putting on pants didn't even enter your mind as a possible solution. :P
                        That would create more inconveniences than solve them.
                        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                        Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Hey, we're not here to question your creative process

Comment

I'm not a real fan of any of those Ibanez guitars. But now with the "new" and "innovative" features like the softer edges and the forearm relief, they are starting to emulate where Fender was over 60 years ago. New?! Maybe new to Ibanez. It's all hype!

I love that there are so many different styles of guitars available because every player has his own unique esthetic taste. But let's not take a VERY GOOD design feature from 60 years ago and hype it as a new creative feature of your very basic and simple/cheap-to-make body design and then sell it at a custom made guitar price. I'd be TOTALLY ok with it if it had a price of $700-900. And, let's get real!!! $194 per pup?!!!! Not only exploitive, but purely obscene!

Pooh.
                            Last edited by GuitarDoc; 01-18-2020, 10:01 AM.
                            Originally Posted by IanBallard
                            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

"PIA" = pain in the ass. A good name for it. But maybe better would be "POS".
                              Originally Posted by IanBallard
                              Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

"PIA" = pain in the ass. A good name for it. But maybe better would be "POS".
                                Such an intelligent and incisive post. You define deep thoughts when talking guitar. NOT!
                                aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Working...
                                X