• Show
Clear All

Re: Epiphone Les Paul Modern

Click image for larger version

Name:	rnHd4i5viVUBxyBfrfwAGB-1200-80.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	5818024

If this picture is to scale, then the new ones are quite a bit bigger, and considerably more attractive in my opinion.
    "If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward."

MLK Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
      https://www.epiphone.com/Guitar/EPIK...ed-Pelham-Blue

Check this out
      The new inspired by Gibson series includes the Modern
      With Probuckers
      And the sculpted heel
      Weight relief
      And other Modern amenities

Omg
      My next guitar is one of these
      I agree, same here! Might be my next guitar as well and it looks cool and I dig the Sparkling Burgundy finish!!

https://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-EPI-EILM-LIST

My main guitar I've been using for live shows and band practices has been my older, approx. 2004, Made in Korea Epiphone Les Paul Custom that is in my Signature and it is extremely heavy and I'm trying to get the miles off it and our classic rock/hard rock band does 4 hour shows so it takes a toll on my back and shoulders!!

So in my search for another electric guitar and now watching some of the 2020 NAMM videos, I came across this
      Charvel Model-5fx EMG 85/SA
      Epiphone Les Paul Custom Korean SD JB/Jazz
      Custom Made Ernie Ball Musicman Copy Dimarzio Super Distortion's
      2019 EVH 5150 III 50 Watt Head 6L6
      1995 Mesa Boogie Tremoverb converted to Head
      Mesa Tremoverb 2x12 cab (factory Vintage 30's) converted to closed back
      Marshall 1960A 4x12 (2 Celestion G12T-75's and 2 WGS Retro 30's X patterned
      Pedaltrain Mini: Currently on pedalboard: ModTone MT-CB Clean Boost, Zoom MS-70CDR, Korg Pitchblack Tuner)

Comment

Is there even a reason to buy Gibson anymore?
        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
        Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
          Yeah
          Gibson still makes the models these are based on

If there is no Gibson,
          The percieved value disappears

Then everyone complains about the $700 price of the Epiphone
          EHD
          Just here surfing Guitar Pron
          RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
          SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
          Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
          Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
          Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
          Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
          GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by BlackhawkRise View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]102872[/ATTACH]

If this picture is to scale, then the new ones are quite a bit bigger, and considerably more attractive in my opinion.
            'New' one? My Epi Dot was made in 2000 and has the same headstock shape.
            Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
            This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              So they can make a modern guitar for not a lot of $$, they just chose not to until now.
              I think Gibson have had some say in what Epiphone can do or not. There has been some speculation that the new lineup has been made not to battle Gibson, but other brands that have "Les Paul models" and "Sg models" that have had better features than Epiphone.

Comment

Originally posted by Lovegun View Post
                I think Gibson have had some say in what Epiphone can do or not. There has been some speculation that the new lineup has been made not to battle Gibson, but other brands that have "Les Paul models" and "Sg models" that have had better features than Epiphone.
                I think Mincer was referring to the fact that Gibson churns out the same old **** each and every year and charges buyers an atrocious amount of money. The price keeps going up while quality and innovation stalls at best. Or at least that's what I thought of when I read his post. But it could be said of any large/historic guitar company.
                Last edited by nexion218; 01-20-2020, 03:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nexion218 View Post
                  I think Mincer was referring to the fact that Gibson churns out the same old **** each and every year and charges buyers an atrocious amount of money. The price keeps going up while quality and innovation stalls at best. Or at least that's what I thought of when I read his post. But it could be said of any large/historic guitar company.
                  Ok. I thought he meant Epiphone.

Comment

Originally posted by Lovegun View Post
                    Ok. I thought he meant Epiphone.
                    Might have... I've just realized I wrote Gibson... But like I said: its true for any big name company today.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                      'New' one? My Epi Dot was made in 2000 and has the same headstock shape.
                      They used to be only used on certain models, now they are using it across the board I guess. I prefer the look as well. It doesn't look like a cut up Gibson headstock anymore.
                      You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                      Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
                        Yeah
                        Gibson still makes the models these are based on

If there is no Gibson,
                        The percieved value disappears

Then everyone complains about the $700 price of the Epiphone
                        I don't think there is actually any perceived value based on the comparable Gibson model. The prices are WAY too different. The pricing of Epi is related to other similar import guitars. Even then, the prices of Epi models are actually LESS than comparable guitars (Epi still makes models at $300 - 500.

Is there even a Gibson that has the same features as this Epi?
                        Last edited by GuitarDoc; 01-20-2020, 07:57 AM.
                        Originally Posted by IanBallard
                        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
                          Not for me.

But there are plenty of people who have the money to spend who will buy Gibson for the name. That's fine with me. Yes, Gibson, keep on chooglin.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackhawkRise View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]102872[/ATTACH]

That's not the same headstock on the Modern.

Comment

Originally posted by nexion218 View Post
                              That sounds like a LOT of guitar for 650 USD... If the build quality matches with those specs, then there really is no reason for Gibson to exist...
                              $599 at Musician's Friend

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
                                $599 at Musician's Friend
                                Regarding today's market, even if it was 800-1000 USD, it would still be a lot of guitar for the money... The Gibson stuff is basically a 2000+ USD upcharge for a logo and inferior specs (at least on paper). And I bet this 600 USD will go down in a few months-years on the used market, making them a real steal for those like 'em.

Comment

Working...
                                X