Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rio Grande Vintage Tallboys

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a new set of pickups to go in my Baja Tele. Currently, I have a set of Fender Tex Mexes. They sound good, but I think I'm ready for a change. Was just cruising around different websites and went to Rio Grande's website. I have used the Muy Grande in the bridge position of a Telecaster I once had. Nice pickup, kind of like a Fender CS Texas Special without the harshness and kinder to maple fretboard Telecasters.

I'm interested in the Vintage Tallboy set. Can those with experience tell me about it?

Rio Grande Vintage Tallboy set
    -Butch

Re: Rio Grande Vintage Tallboys

I have a Muy Grande Tele set and it's awesome. Can't speak to the Vintage Tallboys.
    "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Ordered a set of Vintage Tallboys. I like Tele sets for some reason. Got them installed last night and, while they seem to be an improvement over the Tex Mexes and the stock Baja set (Twisted Tele neck and Broadcaster bridge), they're not leaps and bounds better. The neck pickup is very nice and, I would say, the better of the two. Big round sound but warm. The bridge pickup is articulate and twangy, but a smooth twang. These will stay.
      -Butch

Comment

I had Halfbreeds in a strat and they worked pretty well. Glad the Tallboys are working for you

Comment

Removed the Rio Grandes. In that guitar, they didn't sound as great as I hoped they would. Sending them back in favor of an APTL-3JD/APS-1 combo. I'm going to turn my Baja into a Jerry Donahue Telecaster.
          -Butch

Comment

Working...
          X