banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dent in the back of a combo amp cab. Will it affect anything?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dent in the back of a combo amp cab. Will it affect anything?

If they sold a used item and its got the whole they should send you a return label and you could then schedule UPS to come get it. If they wanna offer you a substantial partial refund then consider it but I wouldnt say oh heres $50 off. The dent sounds like it happened in shipping, thats not on AMS, the scratched foot pedal, thats on them. Ive ordered items before and received a used item, not ony did the company pay to ship the item back, I had a new one on my door step within a day and a half of calling them.
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
      Christ. How lazy are you? Just send the thing back for a full refund, and buy a new one somewhere else.
      Was more worried about getting screwed over though on the cost of shipping it back. Fair point though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hsb View Post
        If they sold a used item and its got the whole they should send you a return label and you could then schedule UPS to come get it. If they wanna offer you a substantial partial refund then consider it but I wouldnt say oh heres $50 off. The dent sounds like it happened in shipping, thats not on AMS, the scratched foot pedal, thats on them. Ive ordered items before and received a used item, not ony did the company pay to ship the item back, I had a new one on my door step within a day and a half of calling them.
        Yes! That is what I want! I will call later after work and see if they can do that.

Comment

Originally posted by chillytouch View Post
          Was more worried about getting screwed over though on the cost of shipping it back. Fair point though.
          Why would you be paying return shipping? Any retailer worth their salt covers return shipping if the reason for the return is on them or on their shipper.
          Originally posted by LesStrat
          Yogi Berra was correct.
          Originally posted by JOLLY
          I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
            Why would you be paying return shipping? Any retailer worth their salt covers return shipping if the reason for the return is on them or on their shipper.
            Yeah should be no reason you should be on the hook for any of it. If the customer service person cant help, go above his head and ask for a boss.
            1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
            Jackson Soloist 7 string
            ESP LTD M-400
            Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Originally posted by Hsb View Post
              Yeah should be no reason you should be on the hook for any of it. If the customer service person cant help, go above his head and ask for a boss.
              Yeah so update on this. The main problem with all of this is that I threw out the box it shipped in (which was the manufacturer's box). Like, there was a giant hole in the bottom which was from whatever jabbed it and caused the damage. So I took a picture and threw it out.

Anyway, because of that they wanted to charge me a fee for not having the box when returning it, and then the cost to repackage it at a ups store would be on me. That's why I was hesitant to go through the return process.

So where it sits now after talking to them and complaining above the initial salesperson is that fedex will come pick the package up at my house. I just gotta get it in some type of box to send it out. And then they'll take it and send me an undamaged one.

I wasnt mean or anything on the phone I was just like hey look, I just want a new combo amp that doesnt have a hole in the back. So just to confirm if we go through all this you will send me a brand new undamaged/unopened amp?

And I'm not gonna lie he didnt sound too confident LOL. So I'm just wishing for the best at this point.
              Last edited by chillytouch; 01-22-2020, 08:47 AM.

Comment

They probably just sent you one that had been returned
                May have gotten damage on it's way back to AMS or from AMS
                But they should be good people and work with you

Tell them to send you another and a shipping label and you'll box it back up in the new ones box

Also let this be a lesson
                Always hang on to packaging until the 30-45 return window closes
                At least till then
                That stuff makes good insulation in the attic
                Just break down the boxes and lay em across the trusses
                With all the manuals that never get read

EHD
                Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
                  They probably just sent you one that had been returned
                  May have gotten damage on it's way back to AMS or from AMS
                  But they should be good people and work with you

Tell them to send you another and a shipping label and you'll box it back up in the new ones box

Also let this be a lesson
                  Always hang on to packaging until the 30-45 return window closes
                  At least till then
                  That stuff makes good insulation in the attic
                  Just break down the boxes and lay em across the trusses
                  With all the manuals that never get read

Update:

This turned out well. I contacted AMS and thanked them for coming through on their word to make it up to me. New one was supposed to Arrive tomorrow but showed up on my doorstep yesterday. Granted, it was upside down in the box which was interesting, maybe because the tubes are upside down in the combo? but it was definitely a brand new one so I appreciated that. Sounds as good as it looks . And the original manufacturers box which was once again pretty much destroyed in transit will stay put for 30-45 days lol.

Thank you for the moral support haha.

Comment

Working...
                  X