Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall JTM60 1x15" recap

Hi.

My Marshall jtm 60 has been at my techs place for like 2 weeks because I had problems with really weird noise/hum. I already had replaced all the tubes to JJ and replaced the speaker with a 15" Celestion Fullback. So that couldn't be the problem.

So when he called me to say that a few caps were not measuring anything I decided to fully recap the Marshall. All the caps that were in, were all stock('95). He has replaced all the caps, re-biased the tubes and did u full checkup.

So I got home, turned my amp on, plugged in my Guild Starfire V...... Wow! The recap made a lot of difference!! I got plenty of low-end, nice smooth highs and mids and still got that vintage sound I love!

But my tech also mentioned that I have to play for like 10 to 20 hours before it got the ultimate tone. Anyone experienced with that after a recap?

I'm really happy with the service job and that my amp is still here! [emoji16] Not selling this one ever! It's a beast of an amp! The heating problem I got fixed by placing a PC fan underneath the tubes that blows some air away.

(Photo are all the caps that are replaced)
    Last edited by dudiluty; 01-18-2020, 12:16 AM.

Re: Marshall JTM60 1x15" recap

Nice! I had a jtm30 but I like the 60 better. The 30 sounded different every time I plugged into it.

Comment

Working...
    X