Favorite Brands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Brands

I came to realize today that I only really play a couple of brands. Most of my guitars (at least the good ones) are Ernie Ball Music Man, most of my pedals are Boss, and all three of my amps are Fender. To be honest, I could sell everything I own that's not in those categories and be just about fine without em.

What brands are like this for you?
    "If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward."

MLK Jr.

Re: Favorite Brands

That's a pretty utilitarian setup you've got there, I like it!

But me, if someone held a gun to my head and told me I was down to a handful of brands, I'd say PRS for the guitars, Wampler for the pedals, and Friedman for the amps, not that I could really afford to only use those brands.
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Interesting choices. PRS is the natural evolution of the luxury of Gibson mixed with the practicality of Fender, Wampler has loads of modded versions of other pedals, and Friedman sells what amounts to hot rodded Marshalls.

I sense a theme here...
      "If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward."

MLK Jr.

Comment

Fender, Epiphone, EHX, JHS and Wampler.

Yes. I love Epiphone.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

Comment

Fender guitars and amps. Wampler and Cast Engineering pedals, and a coupe Gibson guitars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'll try out anything, and willy happily play whatever seems to be good. Oddly enough, the brands that I have spent the least time with are Fender, Gibson, and Marshall . . . because I think they tend towards being overpriced for what they are selling.

While Boss pedals don't always produce exactly the sound that I want, they're always well made and tend to be very reliable.
            Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
            This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I don't think I am very brand-specific, except SDs. If I have access to it to try it, and I like it, I will get it. The hard part is the access- many brands simply don't show up in the local guitar store.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I have pretty eclectic tastes.
                About two-thirds of my guitars are Gibson, Fender, or PRS. I also own a dozen or so other brands.
                Nearly all of my amps are either Boogie or pre-CBS Fender, though there are a scant handful of others.
                Pedals & effects, they're all over the place. But I have a lot of Lovepedals.
                "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Charvel guitars and Marshall amps. I have and use others of course, but the title did ask for favorites.

Comment

Kiesel/ Carvin, Suhr and PRS in that order. I own 6 Kieslel /Carvins now and just keep coming back to them. Been playing them constantly since the late 1980's. If I could have only one forever guitar to play with unlimited $ to spend on it it would be a Kiesel Carvin.
                    With amps Zinky, PRS, Marshall and Boogie are my preferences.
                    Last edited by Ascension; 01-21-2020, 03:00 PM.
                    Guitars
                    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Lately I've been all Marshall, Epiphone, EHX.
                      But I also adore my Deans and my Gibson.

I don't feel as though I'm all about the brand name, as much as how it sounds and feels to me.

I'd play pretty much anything but a fender.
                      Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Fender, gibson, ibanez, prs and k-line.

Comment

SD pickups are about the only thing like that for me. And even then, I have quite a few DiMarzios where needed
                          Originally posted by Bad City
                          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I'm really utilitarian regarding brands. EHX and SD are probably only ones where I can say the brand had sway for choosing that particular gear.

I love stratocaster design though, but I wouldn't call that brand loyalty. It's because I think it technically defines the perfect solid body guitar design.
                            "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
                            Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Comment

All my guitars are variations on Gibson and Fender.
                              But pickup wise I have a lot of different small winders as sources of vintage pickup clones.......and amp wise and pedal wise I'm all over the place.......probably 20 different brands.

Comment

Working...
                              X