Alt8
    Dimebucker
    Lace Deathbucker
    D-Activator
    X2N
    /endthread

Comment

Re: Best bridge pickup for Metal Leads?

I personally would avoid the Distortion if leads are your aim. I have heard lots of good things about the Black Winter which is similar though. Not sure a 59 would be as good for you as some of the others on the list?

I say JB/thrash factor and enjoy.

Comment

No mention of blackouts?
        I think I've wired in every metal pickup Seymour makes over the years.... I love the distortion/black winter/invader dimebucker/alt-8 route certainly.
        If I was only playing leads all day, I'd lean towards the dimebucker...it's wide open.

But....These blackouts are the most luxurious harmonic rich things I've ever used.
        And they double down with amazing chunk for rythym as well.
        Quiet with all the gains, and they sing! Can't say enough about them.
        Last edited by 80's_Metal; 01-25-2020, 08:14 AM.
        Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Originally posted by Nagisa View Post
          I personally would avoid the Distortion if leads are your aim. I have heard lots of good things about the Black Winter which is similar though. Not sure a 59 would be as good for you as some of the others on the list?

I say JB/thrash factor and enjoy.
          Thanks, I've heard good things about the Black Winter too. Based on the demos it appears that the JB and or Thrash factor may be more suited for leads, hard to tell, but they seem better on the high notes. I'll check more demos of the Black Winter either way.

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Metal View Post
            No mention of blackouts?
            I think I've wired in every metal pickup Seymour makes over the years.... I love the distortion/black winter/invader dimebucker/alt-8 route certainly.
            If I was only playing leads all day, I'd lean towards the dimebucker...it's wide open.

But....These blackouts are the most luxurious harmonic rich things I've ever used.
            And they double down with amazing chunk for rythym as well.
            Quiet with all the gains, and they sing! Can't say enough about them.
            Thanks! I like the Blackouts too but they still sound little bit active/sterile to my ears. If I had a few more guitars I'll settle for those, for now I just want one guitar with actives and one with passives. The distortion comes in a Jackson Soloist guitar I like, so I may end up getting those and maybe I'll replace them later on with the Thrash Factor or something else, IDK yet.

Comment

USA Bill Lawerance XL500
              Jackson Custom Tele
              Epiphone G400 PRO
              Marshall DSL40C w/V30
              GLS Audio
              Ernie Ball
              Dunlop
              SD-1

Play music to skate too 🤙

Comment

There are also the Dave Mustaine Live Wires, if you want to go the active route.

Comment

Working...
                X