Screws for Direct Mounting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screws for Direct Mounting

What screws and where to purchase them for direct mounting pickup to body?

Re: Screws for Direct Mounting

I just went to the hardware store and picked up some really small wood screws that fit through the holes on the set in my homemade baritone, but some people use the mounting screws for humbucker rings. I drilled out the DiMarzios I installed this weekend to fit the stock mounting screws that came with my Ibanez. 1/8 drill bit on the press did the trick.

Comment

Thanks for the reply
      Humbucker ring screws wouldn't be long enough to go to the bottom of the pickup cavity.
      I read somewhere else to use bass pickup mounting screws.

Comment

There are longer pickup bracket mounting screws, I think for les Pauls, that might work. I use some 3/4 inch ones for my guitar. Make sure to grind down the highest threads under the head of the screws so they don’t grab the threads of the pickup screw holes. Or if you’re inventive enough, make a brass plate that gets bolted inside the pickup cavity and have it threaded with a screw tap to allow shortened humbucker screws (the machine type that come with pickups in general) to be mounted along with some foam.

Comment

These are great. Fit any humbucker and you don't have to drill out the legs to fit the screws you've got.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtomecha View Post
            There are longer pickup bracket mounting screws, I think for les Pauls, that might work. I use some 3/4 inch ones for my guitar. Make sure to grind down the highest threads under the head of the screws so they don’t grab the threads of the pickup screw holes. Or if you’re inventive enough, make a brass plate that gets bolted inside the pickup cavity and have it threaded with a screw tap to allow shortened humbucker screws (the machine type that come with pickups in general) to be mounted along with some foam.
            Bingo! That is exactly the problem I was having, too. Thanks!
            Schecter Banshee Elite-6 (Natural Gloss), Custom/59-A4
            Schecter Banshee Elite-6 (Cat's Eye Pearl), Black Winter/Sentient-A2
            Schecter Blackjack SLS, Full Shred/Jazz
            Marshall DSL-40CR

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtomecha View Post
              I did exactly that.

Comment

Working...
              X