banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Parallel Axis neck pickup to match Crazy 8 bridge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Parallel Axis neck pickup to match Crazy 8 bridge?

I'm planning to order a custom shop Parallel Axis Crazy 8 as part of a full set. I was curious with those who have used the Crazy 8, which PA pickup paired best in the neck? I figured the PA Original neck or having the Custom Shop make a matching pickup would probably be my best options, but wasn't sure what kind of results others have had. This is going into a 26.5" scale, 6 string, fixed bridge, alder bodied guitar that I tune B to B. Thanks all!

Click image for larger version

Name:	_DSC2730.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	5853352

Re: Best Parallel Axis neck pickup to match Crazy 8 bridge?

welcome to the forum!

id assume the patb1n would be a great match but if you are willing to go cs, then im sure they could make you something great! ive tried both pups but not in a b to b baritone.

Comment

The PATB1 is an amazing choice but folks have achieved great results with a PATB3 - ALNICO3 in the neck as well. Just swapped the mag themselves.

Comment

The PATB1N would be a very good choice-its basically a Jazz Neck in Parallel Axis form. I would be interested to try a PATB3 in a custom shop neck format as well-that could be interesting.
        Charvel, Kramer, Gibson, Fender, MIJ/US Epiphone, BC Rich
        Full Shred, Distortion, JB, Custom (Custom), Screamin' Demon, Cool Rails, Alternative 8, Mini Humbucker, Lil 59, 59, APH-1, Black Winter, Silverbird, SP90, PATB1,2,3, YJM, 59/custom hybrid, SSL-1 AH1BJ, Jazz, Antiquity JB/Jazz, Alpha/Omega

Comment

Thanks guys! I traded e-mails with Dennis from SD as well. After all the input, we opted to go with the PATB-1N to start. The thought was we could always do a magnet swap to fine tune the tone if necessary, but this would be the best starting point.

Comment

Originally posted by orpheo View Post
            The PATB1 is an amazing choice but folks have achieved great results with a PATB3 - ALNICO3 in the neck as well. Just swapped the mag themselves.
            Exactly, i can tell how great the PATB-3 (saraceno) sounds with alnico 3 magnet.
            Simply amazing.

Comment

Working...
            X