Little 59' for a Les Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Little 59' for a Les Paul

If you take 2 vintage pickups, one strat single coil and one full sized humbucker, the humbucker is going to have more output. A "medium output" strat single coil would be about equivalent to a vintage humbucker. The closest thing you are likely to find to the lil' 59 is the full sized 59 humbucker it tried to copy.

Comment

You can just mount it with a cheap bracket. Maybe even consider finding a double wide one that would let you mount a lil 59 and another coil pickup next to it. Click image for larger version

Name:	B4264BA0-29EF-498B-A225-BE40A4E2C86C.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	5818039

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtomecha View Post
        You can just mount it with a cheap bracket. Maybe even consider finding a double wide one that would let you mount a lil 59 and another coil pickup next to it. [ATTACH=CONFIG]102927[/ATTACH]
        There’s your answer right there.
        Owner:
        Slamo Custom Guitars
        Doc Simons Miracle Guitar Polish

Comment

Learned a lot in this thread, so thanks one and all!

I was going to go with the Alnico II's but saw a Slash set that seemed pretty similar for a good price and snapped them up.

Pretty happy with them so far but the real test is a few months down the road after I've been in and out of different rooms for gigs and whether or not I still dig the sound.

Thanks again everyone!

Comment

Working...
          X