• wiring help

will this work or am i crazy? maybe both? idk

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	5853353

for simplicity all white wires are labeld purple
    Last edited by dazedandconfused001; 01-28-2020, 02:38 PM.
    [shameless advertisement] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh1..._as=subscriber

Originally posted by BloodRose
    And, any time you get hung up with your vocals, scream YA UH! OOOOOOOO... Works for Het...

Re: wiring help

What do the grey wires represent? The bare wire/ground from the baseplate? You've got them from each pup going directly to the input of the vol pot. You've also got a switched wire (either red or purple) also going to either the input of the vol pot or to ground. That's not gonna work.
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

That ground from the pickups shouldn’t go there

Comment

Hello?
        Did you forget that you started a thread?

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
          Hello?
          Did you forget that you started a thread?
          lol yeah alil ive been trying to recover from ****in up the guitar body for this poject real bad. without goin to far into it the wire holes between cavitys were too small and i didnt have a long enough drill bit. but yeah like day after i posted this i realised i had the bare wire goin to the wrong place.

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	5818096

as far as purple and red my ideas was like a 3 switch version of the brian may wireing using on-off-on switches and i used this as my color chart

Name:	kwikplugs.png
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	5818097

And, any time you get hung up with your vocals, scream YA UH! OOOOOOOO... Works for Het...

Comment

I don't see offhand why that won't work just fine. The 330k vol pot may make the Mean 90 a bit dark sounding. I find that with a 500k and even a 1 meg vol pot the Mean 90 still sounds very full and rich.

Hope you get everything else worked out.

You know that you can purchase 1/8" drill bits about 12" long which work great for that purpose.

Comment

I don't see offhand why that won't work just fine. The 330k vol pot may make the Mean 90 a bit dark sounding. I find that with a 500k and even a 1 meg vol pot the Mean 90 still sounds very full and rich.
              oh crap really? hmm well i guess later on i can swap it out for a brighter one if need be. its gonna go in an ash body maple neck strat so idk

Hope you get everything else worked out.

You know that you can purchase 1/8" drill bits about 12" long which work great for that purpose.
              yeah but i am young, stupid and impatient so im pivoting and saving that guitar body for a different project in the future. and it gives me an excuse to buy a new guitar

Comment

Ha, ha.

Comment

Working...
                X