Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chrome covers or black plastic covers for SD Trembucker

hi,

i am looking for a chrome plated trembucker space cover. with or without holes for pole pieces.
    I prefer a sleek look.
    Should be nickel silver for less highend loss.
    The duncan trembuckers seem to have a special spacing and only come nickel plated.
    Anybody knows a cover that fits?

while we are at it: anybody knows a black plastic cover without holes (active look) that fits a SD trembucker?.
    The ones i own/know only fit standard sized humbuckers.

Re: chrome covers or black plastic covers for SD Trembucker

Only Duncan's cover fits a Seymour Duncan trembucker.

Their covers are nickel silver with a nickel plating, correct.

Comment

that's sad News!
      thanks for the quick Response. i sometimes hate to be Right.

what's it with duncan and chrome covers?

Comment

I think you're making too much of a fuss about the nickel plating. The plating is extremely thin and the fact that it's nickel is not much of a problem. Brass, now, that's a problem. Nickel? Not so much.

I haven't seen a chrome trembucker cover, though, only nickel. And nickel as a plating, is fine.

It's not just, by the way, that the spacing is odd. it's that the entire TB bobbin is wider than regular bobbins. that's why it's so ny impossible to find covers, other than what SD makes.

Comment

Originally posted by orpheo View Post
          I think you're making too much of a fuss about the nickel plating. The plating is extremely thin and the fact that it's nickel is not much of a problem. Brass, now, that's a problem. Nickel? Not so much.

I haven't seen a chrome trembucker cover, though, only nickel. And nickel as a plating, is fine.

It's not just, by the way, that the spacing is odd. it's that the entire TB bobbin is wider than regular bobbins. that's why it's so ny impossible to find covers, other than what SD makes.
          nonono.
          it's not about highend loss besides brass cover vs. nickel-silver.
          My Hardware on most guitars is black or chrome so the pickups in nickel look odd and also age pretty fast.
          Since im fine with covers with no pole piece holes i am aware of the bigger bobbin size.
          the normal plastic covers don't fit. not long enough

Comment

Actually the Nickel Covers don't age that fast. They seem to look great or years.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

i havent had an issue with duncan nickel aging quickly but the nickel vs chrome does look weird on some guitars

Comment

Thanks for the replies!

Well nickel covers look best on bursts no question. shiny or old, both great.
                But on modern looking instruments i tend to go all black (closed coils (active look)) or at least chrome.
                Well it seems it's not going to happen with this one.

Comment

It seems like black covers with holes are covered under the Shop Floor Custom program. Trouble is that you have to order a new pickup. But I don't know, if SD has them, they might sell them to you.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

thanks a lot!
                    chrome is listed also under 3):
                    Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

well just have to make sure which trembucker fits the sound of the instrument best (used market) before i buy a new shop floor custom.

Comment

Working...
                    X