banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NAD: Marshall Silver Jubilee Studio 2525H! (demo included)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD: Marshall Silver Jubilee Studio 2525H! (demo included)

I got my Marshall Silver Studio 2525H in split vinyl recently from Musicstore.de for a good price. I think it was 666,- or something. I finally had some time to play with this amp. I really enjoyed it so I made an in-depth demo as well with a bunch of different guitars, styles and some boost pedals here and there as well.

I really like the look of this limited split vinyl edition a lot. I personally prefer it over the regular grey look but I know that a lot of guys don't like the looks of this version. I dig it's uniqueness.

This amp sounds REALLY good and it's probably one of the most versatile Marshall's I own (aside from the JVM). The rhythm pull clip really adds a lot of tonal versatility so that's a big deal! Also on the lead channel despite what some video reviews say. It gives the sound more bark, clarity and tightness when needed. I also have an SC20H and the Silver has much more gain. It's a very full and round kind of gain though with the pull boost off, great for big fat rhythms or leads.

The clean channel is classic Marshall with that great breakup when pushed. This channel can do vintage crunches well though and with the pull rhythm clip you can get some great rock rhythm or lead tones. The lead channel is definitely more in the vintage territory when compared to my JVM but with boost pedals this amp can conjure great crunchy high gain tones!

I think it's definitely one of the more versatile 20W Marshall heads and it has a unique sound. I've tried to capture some great tones in this demo:

Anyone else have one? Or if you don't have one, let me know if you want to know more...
    Owner and founder of Sonic Drive Studio & social media manager for OwnHammer.

Facebook.com/sonicdrivestudio
    OwnHammer.com

Re: NAD: Marshall Silver Jubilee Studio 2525H! (demo included)

That amp sounds lovely!
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Yeah I like my Grey Jubilee but yours doesnt look bad. I do love my amp. Cant think of a reason to replace it with anything else.
      1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
      Jackson Soloist 7 string
      ESP LTD M-400
      Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
        That amp sounds lovely!
        It really does! It has inescapable mids which is just great for the mix. In fact, all my Marshalls do that but this one does it exceptionally well.

Originally posted by Hsb View Post
        Yeah I like my Grey Jubilee but yours doesnt look bad. I do love my amp. Cant think of a reason to replace it with anything else.
        It's pretty unique so I wouldn't quickly replace it either!

OwnHammer.com

Comment

Don’t have one, but had the pleasure of selling an original 80s Silver Jubilee head at the store yesterday - fantastic sounding amp, and so happy to see it leave with a player who really, really appreciates his NAD!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I love my '87 Silver Jubilee 2554 combo!

Comment

Since this is a limited edition and I got a lot of questions about it I figured I'd share some more pics. It's a nice head to look at

IMAG5903 by Jon Symons, on Flickr
              IMAG5909 by Jon Symons, on Flickr
              IMAG5914 by Jon Symons, on Flickr

OwnHammer.com

Comment

Working...
              X