wiring pick ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiring pick ups

I am working on a project and I have a slash humbucker and a alnioc pro 2. The slash is a single conductor and the other is a 4 conductor. I am looking to wire them to 2v1t push pull coil split. I guess I can split the alnico and wire it in series. There is also a 3 way toggle switch. How would I go about doing this project? I know I cant split the slash humbucker,should I not use a push pull for that humbucker? How would I wire it all together. I dont see anything on the site that tells me how to do it. I am using 3 push pull pots. Should I just wire the alnico with the 2 push pull pots and use a regular pot for the slash?

Re: wiring pick ups

You only need one p/p pot...to split the A2 Pro. Use regular pot for the Slash vol pot and the master tone pot. Use this diagram for the A2P but instead of going to the jack, you'd go to the switch.

Or just use this diagram and ignore the red and white wires of one of the pups (Slash) going to the p/p.

Last edited by GuitarDoc; 01-22-2020, 04:39 PM.
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Hey Great.Thanks for the help. Thats the way I thought I would have to do it.

Comment

I'd love to hear how this turns out!
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Would the Slash pup still be controlled by the tone also?

Comment

Originally posted by MusicBill View Post
            Would the Slash pup still be controlled by the tone also?
            Yes. The tone pot takes signal straight off the master volume pot, so it will still affect both.
            "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
              I'd love to hear how this turns out!
              Turned out great. The sound is awesome on both pups

Comment

Working...
              X