NGD: Gretsch Electromatic Jet Club.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Securb View Post
    Great guitar Artie I would love to see a real pic of the finish.
    We've got some crappy weather right now. As soon as the sun shows itself again, I'll try to get a good pic.

Comment

Funny, I'm a jet freak mainly because of regular old filtertrons. They're also really well built for inexpensive guitars but I would have never imagined the need for a hot filter tron.

But now that you brought it up, I searched around and it makes complete sense. Last thing I need is another rig right now but who knows one of these days :-)
      What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

Comment

I went to a GC with a couple of friends and got to try one, very nice. Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
          I went to a GC with a couple of friends and got to try one, very nice. Enjoy!
          They aren't expensive. I play this more often than any of my LP's. (Maybe because the Psyclones sound so good.)

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

They aren't expensive. I play this more often than any of my LP's. (Maybe because the Psyclones sound so good.)
            They are not, one of my friends ended up with one and it feels good value, but I can’t justify another guitar at this point enjoy!

Comment

Congrats! Nice present for sure.

I kept the stock pickups in my Electro Jet, they're really, really good.

Click image for larger version

Name:	5230T.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	6212426
              My Bands -
              https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
              www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
              www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
              GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

I purchased the gretsch 5120 jet and the 5260 baritone.
                they are some of the cheapest guitars in my collection but they are really quality built. They hang with my most expensive guitars though. I kept the stock bridge pickup in it and just changed the neck in the jet and left the mini humbuckers in the baritone.
                It's funny how some stories became historic,
                especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
                But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

From my perspective, there certainly are a better value and I happen to like their timber better than a Les Paul. It's really hard to thin out a Les Paul for complex rhythms where it's pretty easy to thicken up a Jet.
                  What's so Funny about Peace Love and Understanding?

Comment

Originally posted by Mikelamury View Post
                    I purchased the gretsch 5120 jet and the 5260 baritone.
                    they are some of the cheapest guitars in my collection but they are really quality built. They hang with my most expensive guitars though. I kept the stock bridge pickup in it and just changed the neck in the jet and left the mini humbuckers in the baritone.
                    The baritone is 30” scale right? Do you play it as a baritone or a Bass VI?

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post

The baritone is 30” scale right? Do you play it as a baritone or a Bass VI?
                      The baritone is actually 29.75" scale bit close enough, I play it like a baritone but I have an extra nut and a pair of bass xi strings for if I ever want to convert it...
                      It's funny how some stories became historic,
                      especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
                      But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mikelamury View Post

The baritone is actually 29.75" scale bit close enough, I play it like a baritone but I have an extra nut and a pair of bass xi strings for if I ever want to convert it...
                        Very cool! I just got a Bass VI and was looking at that one. It’s very fun. I’ve never owned a baritone though - I’m sure it’s fun as well

Comment

Working...
                        X