Cleaning up Pearly Gates Plus bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cleaning up Pearly Gates Plus bridge

I don't know what bridge your friend has but I have a bridge humbucker on a teleish rig that I was able to make a noticeable difference in clarity by changing my brass 3 saddles out to 3 titanium saddles. It really cleaned the bridge sound up... very noticeably..
    I went from Rutters brass saddles (which I now have on a different T-partscaster that helped there) to a set of Gotoh In Tune Compensated Titanium Tele Guitar Saddles which I am using with a Rutters half bridge. It did make a difference.
    Best price I found for the In Tune compensated Ti saddles was at MojoTone.

Comment

If the issue is simply one of output yes, just lower the pickup as suggested already.

I too hate redialing for individual guitars. But the PG+ is not prohibitively hot unless his other guitars are extremely low-output. That said, the PG+ has a pretty aggressive character for its relatively moderate output, especially in a Fender-scale guitar.
      "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

250K pot will NOT change the output in the way you are thinking

Lower the height of the pickup relative to the strings or swap the magnet to a lower-output magnet as already suggested

Comment

Working...
        X