banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

real quick.....anything look wrong w/ this les paul?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: real quick.....anything look wrong w/ this les paul?

Yup, sometimes you just gotta stop worrying about the temperature of the water and take the plunge!

Comment

Looks like a Trad Pro to me. I had a black one. Locking tuners, satin back, push/pull pots, zebra Burstbucker 3 bridge/Classic 57 neck, darker creme plastics/binding.

Great bang for the buck!
      Only you can decide what "good" sounds like!
      "I learned a long time ago that one note can go a long way if it's the right one, and it will whip the guy with twenty quick notes." ~Les Paul

Comment

It's a traditional pro
        green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

It looks really dusty.
          I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Gibson confirmed it's a 2009 Trad Pro. Gonna clean it up and see what can happen with it. Everything works and plays great. Couple dings & dents and a spot where the binding is cracking the tiniest bit. Other than that pretty sweet. I have another Trad Pro that I like better but will prob flip this guy and go have fun with the AC15CC1 that came with it.

and yes, it is crazy dusty and dirty

Comment

Dusty just means someone spent to much time playing it...and not a enough time polishing it.
              I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

not in this case. the guy was a slob. ha

Comment

Originally posted by JamesPaul View Post
                  Dusty just means someone spent to much time playing it...and not a enough time polishing it.
                  Dusty, especially when someone puts it up for sale, means the person most likely doesn't really care to take care of their stuff. I'd have talked them down another $100 for something in that condition.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

It's cleaned up pretty nicely. Like it with the pickguard off.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1743.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	5818085

Comment

Damn, that cleaned up nice!
                      -=The Dali
                      --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

yeah it did! looks great man

Comment

I'm pleasantly surprised as well. Took everything off, hand polished and cleaned, put a little oil on the board and it's looking & playing great.

Now who wants to buy it?

Comment

Is it just the photo or are the stopbar posts off...slightly too far toward the controls?
                            Originally Posted by IanBallard
                            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

just the photo I believe. Looks and plays just fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X