No announcement yet.

Non Reissue 1981 MXR Phase 90... Completely Forgot About Center Poz. 9V Jack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non Reissue 1981 MXR Phase 90... Completely Forgot About Center Poz. 9V Jack

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	5853397

Hello everyone!!!

So I just picked up this 1981 MXR Phase 90 for a song but I completely forgot about the older male power supply plug until it showed up today. So I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me figure out how to change it to a more typical BOSS style 9V jack so it’s a little more pedal board friendly???

Thanks in advance!!!
    I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Re: Non Reissue 1981 MXR Phase 90... Completely Forgot About Center Poz. 9V Jack

does that adapter also flip to center negative? dont wanna mix both types unless its an isolated power supply

Comment

Re: Non Reissue 1981 MXR Phase 90... Completely Forgot About Center Poz. 9V Jack

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
      does that adapter also flip to center negative? dont wanna mix both types unless its an isolated power supply
      Correct me if I’m wrong, but it’s just a Center Positive jack, not positive ground like Germanium fuzzes.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I believe it is safe just to use the polarity adapter on these.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Yup. That adapter posted at the link is what you need. The pedal is positive tip (1/8") but the barrel connection is center negative. They have a center positive version for Line 6 pedals, L6 product code. The C35 is the correct one for what you need.

Comment

cool, i don't know enough about the old mxr stuff but didnt want something to blow up like an old fuzz

Comment

I had an old Crybaby with the 1/8" jack and that adapter worked great. That is until someone stepped on the cables too close to the pedal and cracked the traces. Try as I might, I couldn't fix it. Ended up running it off battery until I sold it.

Comment

Working...
              X