banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Experimental Custom Wind: Any Predictions How It'll Sound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Experimental Custom Wind: Any Predictions How It'll Sound?

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
    Unfortunately, I've got no guitar to put it in. My only humbucker equipped instrument at the moment is my Epi Dot . . . and it would take a lot to convince me to kick the Seth/'59 combo she's had for the past 15 odd years out of it.
    Ah, fair play. Is that a '55/'59 set or a Hybrid? I had a '78/'59 Hybrid made about 4 years ago (I'll have to check the box) and it's probably one of the best that I own and I do have a LOT of pickups both, bought and self-made.

I am getting the prototypes made perfect and then going through patents.

They are a standard range, a special range and then whatever custom you want that I can do.

Some magnets may be an issue to get hold of but, anything is on the table.
    Anything is possible, just not always advisable...

Comment

Originally posted by DeathMetalRob View Post
      Ah, fair play. Is that a '55/'59 set or a Hybrid? I had a '78/'59 Hybrid made about 4 years ago (I'll have to check the box) and it's probably one of the best that I own and I do have a LOT of pickups both, bought and self-made.

They are a standard range, a special range and then whatever custom you want that I can do.

What magnet is in your '78/59 hybrid? Kinda curious about how that pickup sounds...
      Epiphone Les Paul Tbte Plus (SD custom shop humbucker & SH2b neck)

Comment

Originally posted by gsammo79 View Post
        What magnet is in your '78/59 hybrid? Kinda curious about how that pickup sounds...
        An A2. So, it's pretty much a stock '78 with a '59 coil.
        Last edited by DeathMetalRob; 01-27-2020, 08:30 AM.
        Anything is possible, just not always advisable...

Comment

Originally posted by DeathMetalRob View Post

No hybrids, just a bog standard '59 neck and SH-55 bridge. They work really well in this guitar.
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

For those who are interested in the tone of this rather odd pickup, I did a quick mix of a few guitar parts (again, in GearBox) just to demonstrate how it sounded in a mix. Again, forgive the playing; it's more just to demonstrate the tone.

Larry

Comment

Working...
            X