Slash aph2 magnetic wire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slash aph2 magnetic wire?

Hi everyone, anyone know what type of magnetic wire is used in the Slash aph2 pickups? The Duncan website states that a different magnetic wire was used to replicate the sound of his original derrig les Paul.

Re: Slash aph2 magnetic wire?

AFAIK they don't use magnetic wire.
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200125_223332.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	5818077
      This is on the Sd website???

Comment

The coil wire is copper which has a very low attractive value. It's a poorly worded description.

Comment

I think the description just means 'wire above the magnet'. It isn't really written well. I first thought it was missing a comma.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thats purely marketing blurb.

In the realm of 42 awg we have in most cases Plain Enamel, single build or double build formvar or poly in a lot of colors. These come from 4 or 5 brands (maybe more, but i am not aware of) or old stock.
            Last edited by hamerfan; 01-26-2020, 02:40 AM.
            I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

"Magnet wire" is actually the correct term for any wire that uses a superthin insulation for tight winding. Not sure how how it got that name. Probably comes from the "wire used to make electromagnets", or somesuch.

From Wiki:

Magnet wire or enameled wire is a copper or aluminium wire coated with a very thin layer of insulation. It is used in the construction of transformers, inductors, motors, generators, speakers, hard disk head actuators, electromagnets, electric guitar pickups and other applications that require tight coils of insulated wire.

The wire itself is most often fully annealed, electrolytically refined copper. Aluminium magnet wire is sometimes used for large transformers and motors. The insulation is typically made of tough polymer film materials rather than enamel, as the name might suggest.
              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnet_wire
              Last edited by ArtieToo; 01-26-2020, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X