Jubilee to Plexi tone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jubilee to Plexi tone

I can't imagine what anyone couldn't like about the SJ? IMO, there's not a bad tone to be had. For those who are into upper-mid center of a JCM800, hit it with an EQ pedal.

Comment

Im guessing those who did not care for it were not Marshall fans. Remember seeing a bunch of comments on Youtube when watching videos comparing the original and reissue, some of the comments were they didnt care for the SJ. Haters gonna hate cuz their amp doesnt sound that good.
      1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
      Jackson Soloist 7 string
      ESP LTD M-400
      Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Yeah, it's like it has to be one or the other. I dig traditional Marshall's as well. It's just that I prefer the lower-mid center of the SJ. If I went back to playing a plexi circuit, I would choose a Super Bass, or modified to Super Bass specs.

Comment

Exactly. Over the years Ive considered selling my amp and seeing what else is out then, then I remember what I actually have and I take a lil time to turn the volume up on it for a few and realize Im never getting rid of my SJ. I didnt always like the plexi tone but as Ive matured so has my ear and come to realize how important and gnarly that sound it.
          1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
          Jackson Soloist 7 string
          ESP LTD M-400
          Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

I'm interested in trying a G12H 55Hz greenback in the 2554. I don't generally dig greenbacks with MV amplifiers, but then my experience with greenbacks is limited to UK G12M w/75Hz cone.

Comment

Working...
            X