Please help pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help pickups

Please help me I dont know anything about the pickups trying to figure out what they areClick image for larger version

Name:	0126201626~2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	5853403
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Djthomas; 01-26-2020, 03:44 PM.

Re: Please help pickups

Welcome to the forum!

These are Antiquities. Nice pickups!
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Year or anything

Comment

How do I add more pics to this..

Comment

I have all 3 one does not work and needs new wiring is it worth having done? Have the set.. Trying to figure year and value..

Comment

Thank you.. Trying to figure year and have all 3 set.. One is bad needs rewound.. Dont know what to do

Comment

I wouldn't know the year, but they are nice pickups, and worth working on to see if you can get them to work. It could (and will most likely) be a simple wiring issue. How are they wired currently? Do you have a DCR meter to see if you are getting a reading from them?

Comment

If none of the pickups work the problem is almost certainly with your switch or Jack. The pickups are fine. It would be almost impossible for three pickups to all go bad at the same time. The problem is in your wiring,

Comment

Only one is bad .. The other 2 work great.. Took the one that dont work to a store and has to be rewound.. How can I have that done? I just got this guitar.. And as I been told someone didn't know what they had.. Was told I was very lucky.. So now I'm working on trying to find out how to fix this pickup.... Thank u for your replies..

Comment

They were tested and only the one is bad

Comment

So you are not getting a reading with a meter? If the pickup itself is indeed, bad, you can always have it rewound.

Comment

antiquity II surfers specifically, great pups

Comment

Originally posted by Djthomas View Post
                          Only one is bad .. The other 2 work great.. Took the one that dont work to a store and has to be rewound.. How can I have that done? I just got this guitar.. And as I been told someone didn't know what they had.. Was told I was very lucky.. So now I'm working on trying to find out how to fix this pickup.... Thank u for your replies..
                          If the pickup is truly bad, you will need a rewind. The Seymour Duncan Custom Shop does them for a reasonable price. I nicked a coil on my Antiquity humbucker neck and sent it in. MJ rewound it and it sounds beautiful. They charge $75 for a rewind on a single coil, plus shipping, so you might be able to find one used on Reverb or ebay cheaper. But if not, it's worth their fee to get them to do it.

Which one is not working? Still could easily be a bad solder joint or whatever.

Comment

It is the bridge one... Ive looked in my area where I live and no one has one.. And the wire is totally shot.. Definitely needs new rewound.. Waiting on a friend of mine today to see what he can find around town... If we can't find one will just order one

Comment

I’d consider sending it back for a rewind. They do great work in the Custom Shop.

Comment

Working...
                              X