Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Video) Drop Test - Mooer PitchBox vs Digitech Drop

Hi, there!

Recorded this videos comparing these two pedals when dropping tune.
    Hope it's useful for someone!!

Re: (Video) Drop Test - Mooer PitchBox vs Digitech Drop

Thanks for doing this, and thanks for including clean sounds (which everyone else seems to forget). So in your opinion, which one do you like?
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      Thanks for doing this, and thanks for including clean sounds (which everyone else seems to forget). So in your opinion, which one do you like?

Hey man!
      The Digitech is better, in my opinion. Mooer have kind of “second note”, as a delay that in some moments can be annoying. And the overall response of Mooer is a bit late, that could complicate for those who likes super-ultra fast solos. And finally, at high volumes Mooer has a louder noise/hum.

Comment

Cool video! I haven't seen a comparison using clean tones before either, so that was awesome. I have a Digitech Drop and love it. Out of all the detuners I've heard, it sounds the best to me. I think the Mooer did a pretty good job for the half step and the full step down parts, but past that it startled to get warbly. Even the Drop pedal suffers from that once you get past two full steps down.

Comment

I did think past a step down both sounded pretty bad. They should have just stopped there.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by BaritoneVitoND View Post
            Cool video! I haven't seen a comparison using clean tones before either, so that was awesome. I have a Digitech Drop and love it. Out of all the detuners I've heard, it sounds the best to me. I think the Mooer did a pretty good job for the half step and the full step down parts, but past that it startled to get warbly. Even the Drop pedal suffers from that once you get past two full steps down.
            Originally posted by Mincer View Post
            I did think past a step down both sounded pretty bad. They should have just stopped there.
            Probably it's very hard to get real organic tones when dropping more than 2 steps. When we hear the guitar isolated it's not very good... But in a live situation, with all instruments in loud volume, these pedals get the job done.

Comment

Originally posted by Del Rei View Post
              Probably it's very hard to get real organic tones when dropping more than 2 steps. When we hear the guitar isolated it's not very good... But in a live situation, with all instruments in loud volume, these pedals get the job done.
              Yes, I agree. Using them in live settings does sound better. It helps mask some of those artifacts.

Comment

We use an EXH pitch box and a Digitech Drop in my band. I did a lot of research and the bottom line was both of those work pretty darn good! Again - if the goal is to get from E to Eb, or Eb to E fast....especially in a live setting without guitar swaps they do the job.

I will say, I am always on the look out for cheap mower pitch box. In a pinch, it would totally get me through. Not quite the Dig or EHX, but again - live, in a band....fine.

Great vid!
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I thought you're going to drop them from a high place to test if they will survive
                  My YouTube channel

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

I will say, I am always on the look out for cheap mower pitch box. In a pinch, it would totally get me through.
                    PIck up a Donner 'Harmonic Square' instead. For About $40 it does a pretty decent job with the pitch shifting & unlike the Mooer Pitchbox (I've got both pedals..and a half dead Whammy) it has wet/dry mix knobs too. So if you turn the dry knob all the way down you get the pure pitch-shifted signal with less bleedthrough/mud than the Pitchbox. They both sound cool though. All I use them for is Andy Larocque kinda harmonization for solo's..not much for drop tunings..

Find a perfect guitar course for you: https://goo.gl/ZJbDwXVisit us on Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/stevestineguitar/Learn more about Steve's Courses:ht...
                    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Oh man, cool video! I was curious about that Mooer but honestly I don't care much for how it sounds here. Passable in a pinch but I'd definitely prefer to use the Digitech Drop.

Comment

Working...
                      X