Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help Jaguar wiring

Hello there!

I love offset guitars so when I saw last year's Classic Vibe Series from Squier I knew I need that black Jaguar with block inlays. After I had bought one I decided at that I will mod the heck out of it... yeah, I know, jags are so "uncomplicated" in their original form it's a totally obvious thing to make them evem more "uncomplicated" by modding the electronics.

The aim was to install single-sized humbuckers in order to get meaty sounds but also to get coil-split option. I bought a set of second-hand Dimarzios (one of them turned out to be damaged and I had to have it fix, well that was not a real issue). Firstly I enlarged the cavities, next was the shielding with copper foil. Everything went smooth. I installed a new pot - Bourns 1M audio with push/pull. I used the original wiring, but attached the pickups' wires for coil-splitting to the new pot. Everything works smooth, except of the coil split. Pulling the pot does absolutely no difference. And that is my issue.

I geues it is caused by the jaguar double circuit. I've been looking for some advice but seems that my idea has not been shared by a great deal of people (if any). So, if any one could help me how I can the coil-split option work on my Jag, I would be really grateful.

Cheers!

Wysłane z mojego MI 9 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Re: Need help Jaguar wiring

If I was new to wiring again the first thing I'd remind myself is to remember to ground the other terminals on the switch. Guitarelectronics.com has some great diagrams but you can over look it. There are two ways to split a coil. As this Seymour Duncan diagram suggests. Both do sound different.

With a push pull the top portion the 6 terminals are float in space. As long as you can select the pickup you can coilsplit it unless it's an advanced wiring.

Now as you'll notice the bottom terminals which are closest to the pots contacts are ground. Usually an old piece of a capacitor i cut off called a lead I stretch to and from
    The center terminals are your coilsplit wires

on a dimarzio this translates to
    black and white - this is your standard "slug coil" coilsplit (inner) so we're on the same page - think old fashioned tvs to remember these colors
    or red/green - this is an alternative depending on the pickup i really like where you focus on the screw coil (outer coil) - think christmas time ... i know terrible euphemisms

This will help. Just make sure to translate to Seymour Duncan color code

Comment

Re: Need help Jaguar wiring

I did forget about this element, now it works perfectly! I had already done some coil splitting mods before this one and somehow I forgot about it. Thanks a buch for your assistance good sir! You halpes a lot!

Best wishes!

Wysłane z mojego MI 9 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Comment

Working...
      X