Wiring Diagram Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Diagram Request

Hey I'm looking for a diagram for 2 humbuckers, 3 way toggle switch, 1 volume, 1 tone, with push pull pots for series/parallel on each pick up. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I didn't see any on the SD wiring diagram finder page that was exactly what I wanted. I tried to wing it but comparing that to some other diagrams but I don't have one of my set up and I'm out of my element here lol.

Re: Wiring Diagram Request

Wire your push-pulls like this: https://www.seymourduncan.com/wiring...c-pickup-types

Then just wire the hot and ground like a regular dual humbucker guitar.

Comment

This will do. I am surprised I didn't have this diagram drawn already

Some tips
      the magic is in how you do the push pull pots. I used a different way to hook the tone control up premier guitar calls the 60s method but really the only reason I chose it was because the only template (I do a lot of diagrams) had two push pulls the 1950s way and it was just easier to draw the capacitor a little to the left.

Now there are two ways to do series / parallel wiring. This is the easiest as it's much more memorable. As we know capacitor value and pot values don't change. In fact you could use the old one again to save some money. Especially the green polyester capacitors found in most import guitars I worked on can be used over and over again.

Comment

Originally posted by shadowfire90 View Post
        This will do. I am surprised I didn't have this diagram drawn already

Some tips
        the magic is in how you do the push pull pots. I used a different way to hook the tone control up premier guitar calls the 60s method but really the only reason I chose it was because the only template (I do a lot of diagrams) had two push pulls the 1950s way and it was just easier to draw the capacitor a little to the left.

Now there are two ways to do series / parallel wiring. This is the easiest as it's much more memorable. As we know capacitor value and pot values don't change. In fact you could use the old one again to save some money. Especially the green polyester capacitors found in most import guitars I worked on can be used over and over again.
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]103047[/ATTACH]

Thanks Ill give this a try I didnt understand the above post.

Comment

Working...
        X