Fender Hot Noiseless pickups for Stratocaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Hot Noiseless pickups for Stratocaster

I just found out your Fender Hot Noiseless for Strat have ceramic magnets. Are these same output as stock ceramic true single coils that were used to include in MIM Standard Stratocasters?

MIM Strat 2008 pickups, they are high output so they drive my amp just like a humbucker would but it is a single coil sound that I like.

Alnico 5 single coils have less output, even if they sound a sweet sound I really miss the punch of the stock ceramic pickups. For example I just tried an STK-S6 in the bridge and an SSL-6 in the neck of my Strat, they sound great no doubt but have less output than the Fender stock ceramic pickups so I ain't getting the distortion sound I liked, also bridge is brighter

I know I can try using a pedal infront of the amp but I really want to stick to the "amp with no pedals" way, this has made my life simpler and I am happier that way.
    Who took my guitar?

Re: Fender Hot Noiseless pickups for Stratocaster

Are you potentially interested in the Fender Hot Noiseless pickups, or do you have them and you are looking for something different?

Comment

I personally like the Hot Noiseless pickups; they came custom on the Jeff Beck strat model around 20 years ago or so.

Comment

Originally posted by jmcorey View Post
        Are you potentially interested in the Fender Hot Noiseless pickups, or do you have them and you are looking for something different?
        Would like to get them as long as they have high output. Not looking for a vintage sound, looking for a punchier sound that drives the front end of the amp like a humbucker does, these MIM stock ceramics do it but with a single coil vibe, noiseless.
        Who took my guitar?

Comment

There are YouTube videos of clean and dirty clips of the Hot Noiseless Pickups for strat.

Comment

Here is another:

Comment

Originally posted by IMENATOR View Post
              Would like to get them as long as they have high output. Not looking for a vintage sound, looking for a punchier sound that drives the front end of the amp like a humbucker does, these MIM stock ceramics do it but with a single coil vibe, noiseless.
              It just so happens that I have a loaded pickguard I put together with Fender SCN pickups. These are quite high in output, very low noise. I got the pickups in a guitar that had 250K pots... not good. Totally redid it with 500K pots, Schaller MegaSwitch E, Orange drop caps. Let me know if you’re interested.

Comment

Don't think Beck's are SCNs. Just overwound V1s I think. I just like them . . .

Closest I've seen to that Texas Special sound [from Fender anyhoo] in a noiseless.

Plus, even hot enough, I can dig into Gilmour's stuff he always grabs his active EMC pupped Strat for.

And, unlike some, these are pups you will actually use the volume pot with.
                Last edited by canon_mutant; 01-27-2020, 10:26 PM.
                Carvin 200T, CS6 Flamed KOA w/Floyd, TL60T Flamed Walnut
                Gibson Lifeson White ES-355 and Crimson Red Axcess Les Paul both AL-230
                Gibson 1 of 25 50th R9 Cognacburst
                Epiphone Tribute Plus Les Paul and Dot 335
                Fender AM Deluxe [Beck] Strat
                Godin LGXT and P90 Core and Montreal Premier
                Hagstrom Super Swede Tri-P90S
                Egnater Renegade and Cabinet

Comment

the beck strat isnt the scn pups, its the older hot noiseless and they arent super hot. the ceramic bar magnet singles from fender are pretty hot pups for what they are, buddy of mine loves em and makes em sound very good

Comment

Working...
                  X