New pickups in my Warwick...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New pickups in my Warwick...

My Warwick in its stock form is a hellacious instrument, and I love everything about it. However, we all know that new pickups make you play better.

In a trade, I wound up with a DiMarzio Model J set. DiMarzio bills them as being excellent for fretless instruments, and I’m inclined to agree. They’re on the dark and thick side, but still very clear and articulate. Harmonics jump off the strings, and I can do the Steve Bailey trick where you use your right index finger to barre the node, and pluck with the ring finger much easier now.

The neck pickup is like a really fat P bass, and the bridge is awesome for a fatter Jaco tone.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Re: New pickups in my Warwick...

Toanz
    The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Comment

The Model J set is a lot darker than their stacked pickups.

I had a Model J at the bridge in my fretless P bass, along with a Model P.

Don’t forget that you can switch them into parallel for a brighter tone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think I’m gonna do 3 push/pulls, 2V 1T, separate series/parallel switches for each pickup, and series/parallel with each other.

I love the blend knob, but this seems cooler.
        “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Working...
        X