No announcement yet.

WOW may have to try this H/S/S set up!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WOW may have to try this H/S/S set up!!

Originally posted by orpheo View Post
    Absolutely NOT a Suhr, buddy. Like, not even close.

This is a Suhr:

See the neck pickup? Doesn't sit next to the fretboard; there's a bit of pickguard between the fretboard and the pickup. Also, there's a serial number stamped in the neck of Lari's guitar, not on a Suhr. And the spacing of the dots on the 12th fret aren't the same as on a Suhr.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]103072[/ATTACH]

And the headstock is not a Suhr headstock:

Ergo: Not a Suhr.

@Artietoo: the neck pickup is moved a few millimeters towards the nut.
    Got it and see it now. She is a Suhr endorser and thought I had seen that one and a Suhr headstock in another video guess I didn't look hard enough. Looks like it's a Kiesel Dulos and I should have caught it because there is a lot of chatter in the Carvin / Kiesel community about how she was spending a lot of time in the Kiesel booth at winter NAMM. The neck pickup is right were the 24th fret would be or at the octave on the Dulos the SN on the end of the fretboard and that headstock is spot on so--.
    It's one of these
    The Kiesel Guitars Custom Shop makes pro quality guitars, basses, pickups and accessories for musicians of all levels. Made in the USA, ...
    Last edited by Ascension; 01-29-2020, 02:19 AM.
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post
      Got it and see it now. She is a Suhr endorser and thought I had seen that one and a Suhr headstock in another video guess I didn't look hard enough. Looks like it's a Kiesel Dulos and I should have caught it because there is a lot of chatter in the Carvin / Kiesel community about how she was spending a lot of time in the Kiesel booth at winter NAMM. The neck pickup is right were the 24th fret would be or at the octave on the Dulos the SN on the end of the fretboard and that headstock is spot on so--.
      It's one of these
      https://www.kieselguitars.com/images...ge/140929b.jpg
      nop not that one either. Look: the Kiesel has a ledge of pickguard between the fretboard and the pickup: Lari's does not. Also, Kiesel uses Hipshot trems, Lari's doesn't (likely a Gotoh), and Kiesel doesn't have the serial number stamped on the 22nd fret. PG is totally different. You can see that very clearly.

So... No kiesel.

Comment

But I'm wrong and you're right!

It IS a Kiesel, but not (like) the one you posted.

Allright, that mystery is solved.

Comment

Originally posted by orpheo View Post
          nop not that one either. Look: the Kiesel has a ledge of pickguard between the fretboard and the pickup: Lari's does not. Also, Kiesel uses Hipshot trems, Lari's doesn't (likely a Gotoh), and Kiesel doesn't have the serial number stamped on the 22nd fret. PG is totally different. You can see that very clearly.

So... No kiesel.
          Kiesel has the Ghoto trem as an option and has a 22 or 24 fret option on the boards. I'm looking at a potential new build and talking to them so--. PS have 2 Carvins with SN stamped into the fretboard both with rounded bodies and no jackplates just like that. The Dulos also doesn't use the jackplate where they normally stamp the SN so it would be normal to have a SN stamped into the neck on a Carvin Kiesel.
          Owned a "few" over the years and i should have caught that!
          Click image for larger version

Name:	carvins 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	5818105

Name:	Carvin pointies 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	5818106

Name:	Red Rockers 4.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	5818107
          Guitars
          Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
          Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Working...
          X