X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La Brea Brad Paisley Telecaster Pickups

La Brea Pickups

Now up on the website.

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Re: La Brea Brad Paisley Telecaster Pickups

Check it out:

Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

such a great player and aways has great tone

Comment

Are these wound in the custom shop?

Comment

Originally posted by Lightninsurfer View Post
          Are these wound in the custom shop?
          Nothing I've seen indicates that they are, at least in the marketing materials.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

The Le Brea Tele story is cool, but aren't these pups just vintage Tele pups? Doesn't Duncan have this covered already in other forms?

Comment

a4 bridge is a new thing

Comment

Ah. Ok. And what tonal impact does that have? I don't have any experience with A4 mags.

Comment

The La Brea bridge pickup with the A4 magnet feels a bit more balanced to me, it's got a punchier tone and a bit more tightness in the low end than an A2, but with slightly less bite and brightness in the high end than an A5. I played these pickups a bit at NAMM and was really impressed with how well the bridge pickup adapted to some harder rocking style riffing/soloing with high gain. Seems like they're just balanced perfectly for someone who wants to play cleaner country-style licks but likes to throw in some harder edged stuff in the mix too.

Comment

So cool that you got to try the La Brea at NAMM! I have a '59 humbucker in the neck of my Tele and I thought to get a SD Broadcaster bridge. That's still an option, but a Duncan rep recommended the "La Brea" bridge. There's not much info on the pickup at this stage. Do you have experience with the Broadcaster pickup as well?

Comment

AWG #42 or #43 on the bridge? The neck seems to be #43...

JD, one of my all time favs is ~7.80K #43. The only thing that I don't like about it is that it could be a tad more bitey in the highs, it could have a bit more presence you know... I think I would love them with A3's... Anyways, this is one of the reasons I've ended up using Hamel's STD-B at 9K (which died on me and rewound by Ron Ellis to the same specs ). It's A3, not A2 and 9K with #43... That is why I am quite curious about those LaBreas!

B
                      FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

Working...
                      X