Oddball tele build wiring.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oddball tele build wiring.

Hey folks - so I'm building a tele with 2 4wire humbuckers, a 3 way blade, a push/pull vol and a regular tone pot. Straight forward: pull for single coil in any switch position. My issue is I want to wire it 50's style to isolate the tone knob but I can't find the diagram for the wiring on the cap. With regular pots it would be 3rd lug tone to middle volume but with a push/pull ?? If all goes well it should be a very mellow jazz/blues setup. Thanks in advance. - Jim
    "The two main differences between men and boys are the length of their belts and the cost of their toys "

Re: Oddball tele build wiring.

This will help

this comes from the premier guitar article if you'd like a description to go along with it

If you need any extra help with this diagram let me know. If anything use the 7 way mod as a reference. To deactivate the bridge pickup
    middle terminal on the push pull - doesn't matter which side - to the switch
    top terminal - closest to you soldering - hot lead to the switch - 1/3 for the bridge. Or "0" if you go with the seymour duncan approach. There are two ways and both are acceptable for 2 pole 3 way blades.

For different styles of tone controls. Stick with modern and 50s. We have talked about this wiring a few times on here and 60s doesn't seem to have any differences.

Comment

Re: Oddball tele build wiring.

Just for the record, what you're showing as "modern" and "60's", are exactly identical. Since a tone pot is wired as a 2-terminal rheostat, it doesn't matter which order the two terminals are in. Apparently, whomever drew that missed that part in electronics class.

Comment

Working...
      X