banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dropped the SNS set in teh AE 185 today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dropped the SNS set in teh AE 185 today.

That was a pretty good job of putting tone into words. Now I want to try a set.

Comment

Spent some real time working on some music for Church this Sunday with the AE and the new SNS set today and have a few more insights.
      Cleans are spectacular still is flooring me how clear and defined the full humbucker neck and neck bridge tones combined are.
      Crunch tones and high gain stuff again am blow away by the definition and clarity in particular with the neck and neck bridge combo under gain. Have got to get one of these in the neck with a higher gain bridge in a solid body!! The bridge by itself for rhythm stuff is killing but the single note solo stuff is taking some getting used to. Have to fight it and it's just not as compressed fluid and natural feeling to me as I'm used to with a higher gain pickup. However am suddenly thinking and playing differently because of it and getting out of some boxes. Also started noticing a lot of nuances in my playing that had been hidden with hotter more compressed pickups suddenly coming through with this set up. Jury is still out on whether I would use this bridge pickup in something like a super strat but could not envision a more perfect pickup for this particular guitar and what I will use it for.
      Having an absolute blast with this set up it's truly inspiring!!
      Last edited by Ascension; 01-31-2020, 11:48 PM.
      Guitars
      Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
      Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

First clips with the AE live from today through the MT 15. Only effects are a little verb and delay in the loop full humbucking no splits on this guitar and all drive is pure amp.
        Guitars
        Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
        Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Clean channel running a Keeler Push for just a little light crunch on the front with a little verb and delay in the loop. Never touch the channel switch and dynamics are guitar volume and touch. The dynamics, clarity, articulation and feel with the SNS set in the AE 185 is simply fantastic! I LOVE THESE PICKUPS IN THIS GUITAR!!!!!
          Guitars

Comment

Another clip check the clarity and articulation here with the blistering MT 15 gain. Only effects are Delay and verb in the loop all dynamics are guitar volume touch and these SNS's! Boy does the MT 15 love these pickups and got to get a set of these in a hardtail solid body !
            Guitars

Comment

Working...
            X