Trem Claw Ground wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trem Claw Ground wire

Is there any downside to attaching the ground wire from the trem claw on a strat to the ground of the output jack rather than to the volume pot?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by TheLivingDead
    H-S guitars with floyds make me erect.
    Originally posted by jcthejester13
    I'm pretty sure it's like nailing twins. They are identical but feel totally different.

Re: Trem Claw Ground wire

I think it's the same thing as long as all the components in the ground circuit are connected.
    The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
      I think it's the same thing as long as all the components in the ground circuit are connected.
      That's what I was thinking. Decided to try it out and it seems to be working fine. Thanks!

I'm pretty sure it's like nailing twins. They are identical but feel totally different.

Comment

I do the same thing. One less solder point on the pot. Never a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
          I do the same thing. One less solder point on the pot. Never a problem.
          Yeah I got an everything axe loaded guard from 920D and the pots looked too pretty to mess with.

Comment

Electronically, it works fine. But practically, running it from somewhere in the main control cavity is better IMO. The third wire could create crowding in the jack cavity and jack cavity tunnel, and it's also more prone to damage/disconnection there. Jacks get phono plugs pushed into them and pulled out of them constantly, and the jacks can twist. Jack connections break all the time, especially on Strats. I can't say I've ever seen a wire come off of a pot, though.

FWIW, I pass my pot grounds through the pot's ground lug, and then to the pot casing. I solder all grounds to the pot at the same time. I do not bend the ground lug, because it's unnecessary, ugly, and hard to reverse cleanly if you need to re-purpose a pot down the road.
            Last edited by ItsaBass; 01-29-2020, 12:47 AM.
            Originally posted by LesStrat
            Yogi Berra was correct.
            Originally posted by JOLLY
            I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Working...
            X