Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EQ Pedal Settings

Originally posted by Coma View Post
    Actually had to decrease volume for unity gain.

Yep, that will almost always be the case BTW, as any individual slider above 0 Db needs to be compensated for with a drop in overall volume or have enough individual cuts below 0 to keep overall unity. -and Since most people boost more than cut, they can always expect that the Volume will be set below 0 Db to achieve this.
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
      Has anyone tried any of the programmable EQ pedals? Boss 200, Free the Tone, Source Audio, old rack units? Any others?
      I have, and it was quite impressive, yet felt like I was opening Pandora's box with that much power on the fly. I thought it would make me constantly fidgeting -instead of dialing permutations in to a set few and then doing minor room compensation at the gig with the push of a slider.

In the right scenario, it would be excellent, but for me it would be adding risk and complexity to a road rig -for the same reason I don't use Chase Bliss pedals live... lol.

Occam's Razor is the only way to stay sane if you want to travel.
      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
        I have, and it was quite impressive, yet felt like I was opening Pandora's box with that much power on the fly. I thought it would make me constantly fidgeting -instead of dialing permutations in to a set few and then doing minor room compensation at the gig with the push of a slider.

In the right scenario, it would be excellent, but for me it would be adding risk and complexity to a road rig -for the same reason I don't use Chase Bliss pedals live... lol.

Occam's Razor is the only way to stay sane if you want to travel.
        That’s all very true.

I’ve been mulling over getting a JVM410HJS (Satriani Marshall), it’s got 4 channels, each with 3 modes, MIDI programmable. The only thing is that the EQ is not midi controllable. Adding a programmable EQ in the loop would get a lot of flexibility. I’m not necessarily looking for 4,385,034 sounds, but being able to use all three modes of the low gain channels and dialing in a different EQ would be awesome. Basically set the amp and the EQ to the same MIDI channel, so preset 1 is a scooped clean, 2 is a fat clean, 3 is a JTM mild breakup, etc.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

That’s all very true.

I’ve been mulling over getting a JVM410HJS (Satriani Marshall), it’s got 4 channels, each with 3 modes, MIDI programmable. The only thing is that the EQ is not midi controllable. Adding a programmable EQ in the loop would get a lot of flexibility. I’m not necessarily looking for 4,385,034 sounds, but being able to use all three modes of the low gain channels and dialing in a different EQ would be awesome. Basically set the amp and the EQ to the same MIDI channel, so preset 1 is a scooped clean, 2 is a fat clean, 3 is a JTM mild breakup, etc.
          well, I think the digital EQ would work well with that kind of discipline.

Comment

Has anyone tried any of the programmable EQ pedals? Boss 200, Free the Tone, Source Audio, old rack units? Any others?
            Yep, the Boss EQ200. I used it to cut low end on one setting, boost a mid frequency on another, an overall cut on another.... I didn't generally change it on the fly. I would swap presets before a song and toggle the loop on or off if i wanted it.

Comment

Working...
            X