The rawk strats came out insane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The rawk strats came out insane

I've been modding my strats since I joined the forum and I think I've finished a couple axes that suit me perfectly and can't be improved on!

Psuedo HSS: Fralin Pure PAF with double thick A2. Fralin Mini Hum set with A6. Swamp ash body.

Psuedo HSH: Duncan Custom Shop 12k A5/A6 Phat Cat bridge, SSL6, A5/A6 Phat Cat bridge in the neck. Basswood body.

Both guitars have 500k linear volume pots with a 220pf treble bleed and a 250k no load linear blender. Both are Warmoths with maple necks, 11" radii, and jumbo stainless frets. Both have my custom 10-49 Daddarios in D standard. They check all my boxes of delivering good cleans, bluesy tones, or grungy rock tones. One has all hums the other all single coils.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200128_224410.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	5853414
    Last edited by Clint 55; 01-29-2020, 05:17 PM.
    The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Re: The rawk strats came out insane

Rawking!

Congrats on finding the tones you have been seeking!!!
    I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

I bought them for you

Comment

Why no strapbuttons on the single coil one? Or they are just level with the bodyand I can't see them?

Comment

I'll put some on if I'm gonna jam it outside the house.
          I bought them for you

Comment

I like the simplicity of the look, especially of the ash guitar. I think I would rather have a more simple look to the pickguard as well...like three ply ivory or white rather than pearl.
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

I'm uncomfortable looking at those naked guitars. They need a finish. Bra and panties are often hotter than birthday suit.

:P
              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

^ Ya I'm thinking about staining them. I could test it under the pickguard I suppose.

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
                I like the simplicity of the look, especially of the ash guitar. I think I would rather have a more simple look to the pickguard as well...like three ply ivory or white rather than pearl.
                Thanks. The ash one came out flawlessly looks, woods, and pickups wise.
                Last edited by Clint 55; 01-30-2020, 09:33 PM.
                I bought them for you

Comment

They look great!

Comment

Stain will kill the sustain wood tone vibrational wave thing.

Nice guitars Clint. They look sharp.

Comment

boo stain! or paint! or any finish! let the wood breathe and turn green with your funk

Comment

Thx!
                        I bought them for you

Comment

I always wanted a Strat body with a hard, textured, matte finish. Like the texture on the back of an Ovation's bowl.
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
                            ^ Ya I'm thinking about staining them. I could test it under the pickguard I suppose.

Thanks. The ash one came out flawlessly looks, woods, and pickups wise.
                            If you like the raw look, but just want to seal it a bit, I've been using 'Tried and True Original Wood Finish' on necks lately, instead of tung oil. It's an oil/wax combo similar to what some companies use on necks.

It's not a really robust finish, it's essentially just sealing and waxing the wood. Takes a couple hours to do, and sets up overnight. It feels *glorious*, and my next body is going to get finished in it. The little bottle Stew Mac sells would do a body, no problem, by the way; you use very small amounts of the stuff.

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                              I always wanted a Strat body with a hard, textured, matte finish. Like the texture on the back of an Ovation's bowl.
                              I thought I was the only one! Here's 'Screamer'; light poplar body, maple scarfed neck, Pau Ferro fretboard, S/S jumbo frets and one of my own humbuckers (9.1K 42AWG A5):

Finish is rattlecan 'Hammertone Copper' from Krylon.

Larry
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X