Speaker Comparison/Recommendation - High Powered Greenback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Speaker Comparison/Recommendation - High Powered Greenback

Always thought the old real Brit GT12 H 75's sounded closest to a Greenback of anything but bigger tighter more balanced and with more bottom thump. Just dropped one into my little Tweeker cab I run at Church and had forgotten just how much I like those speakers. Replaced a newer Chinese G12 Anniversary 30 watt and is less harsh on the top plus has more bottom end. Had a WGS Retro in the cab GREAT for heavier tones but needed more sparkle in the top on the cleans for what I am dong. This 75 should be a keeper in this cab. Only down side to the 75's is I like them better in closed back cabs than open where the WGS Retro is the exact opposite.
    Last edited by Ascension; 02-08-2020, 12:28 PM.
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by IMENATOR View Post
      Celestion describes Creambacks as high powered greenbacks on their website. They also said so on an e-mail when I asked bout it. Never been able to A-B test live them but from demos the Creamback sounds like has bit less of high end.
      I have greenbacks in two cabs and creambacks in another one and I'd agree with that.

Comment

I want to reiterate that Greenbacks are fantastic speakers. Carry on.

Comment

Comment

i have tested several pairs of celestions with this amp. I will tell you if your trying to squeeze better cleans in with the amps distortion the m65 creambacks are a good option. they do not sit as low in the mix but you can eq the amp to accomidate that. if you are looking for brutal low grind the creamback g75h is a great option. they have a fat low grind tone with this amp. if you want an articulate, punchy tone with a tight mid bottom and articulate midrange then go aniversary 30h. they are my favorites with this amp. I didnt like them with my marshall head strangely enough as I though my vintage 30s sounded way better with the el34 tubes. However I didnt like my vintage 30s with the EVH head as it sounded like a midrange nasal smack in the head. I think this amp is eq's for greenbacks. you just have to experiment. My favs so far are the aniversay 30's and the creamback 75h's. Amps in this line I have owned so far......50 watt 6l6, 50 watt 2x12 combo, lunchbox1 and lunchbox 2. I am currently after the 50s when it comes out. my favorite cab has been the 2x12 aniversary 30s. its good on cleans if you dont jack the presence to ridiculas levels, and distortion wise it sounds great with this amp line for some reason. Its fairly cheap and built tuff and if it gets scratched or dinged I really dont care cuz its not some boutique expensive cab. I will run it too with the 50s head after I have Kruse Kustom Amplification do some mods for articulation, variac, and marshall tones. I will also have him fine tune the clean channel to clean it up a little more. check Kruse Kustom Amplification out. He can take a good amp head and make it great. dude knows his stuff.

Comment

Working...
            X