banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tonal differences between Dual Sound, PAF 36 Anniv. Bridge, Norton and Tone Zone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tonal differences between Dual Sound, PAF 36 Anniv. Bridge, Norton and Tone Zone?

Originally posted by orpheo View Post
    never heard of that term before. Could be interesting? However, this pickup is amazing. I have tried almost all of AxesRus' pickups and I haven't heard one clunker yet. Their p90's, humbuckers and singlecoils are all superbly built and sound so, so good.
    My bad. Hasty answer > unadequate wording based on pavlovian reflexes. "Winding capacitance" should suffice to express what I was trying to evoke (although humbuckers actually share a few things with transformers). :-)

Thx for the Axesrus link: one more brand to try... :-))
    Duncan user since the 80's...

Comment

Re: Tonal differences between Dual Sound, PAF 36 Anniv. Bridge, Norton and Tone Zone?

Originally posted by freefrog View Post
      My bad. Hasty answer > unadequate wording based on pavlovian reflexes. "Winding capacitance" should suffice to express what I was trying to evoke (although humbuckers actually share a few things with transformers). :-)

Thx for the Axesrus link: one more brand to try... :-))
      the p90's, the Ethereal, and model 24 are some of my favorites and great choices to begin with. The Classic50's and bourbon city are great for in the neck. I always struggled with p90's but these are.... man. perfect.

Comment

I like very much the Dual Sound (which is the 4C version of) the Super Distortion and prefer it to the Tone Zone.
        But it could be the guitar...

My Dual Sound are in a maple neck through with canadian ash wings (Aria Pro II RS-X80) and the Tone Zone is in a MIJ basswood Charvel with a maple neck (soon to be replaced by a Full Shred).

As mentioned above the SD was used in classic metal, but when you split it (a a good guitar) you get pristine almost accoustic-like tones.

The Tone Zone is convenient for metal.
        (I never heard it split. Sorry.)

One last thing :

SD = Bass 8.0 / Mid 7,5 / Treble 5,5
        TZ = Bass 8.5 / Mid 8,5 / Treble 5,0
        Smartphone Zombies won't shred

Comment

Working...
        X