Mystery Mics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery Mics

OK - got several of these mystery mics from my purchase of the Texas music store. They are robust looking, heavy, and came in boxes printed with "Crate by EV". They resemble EV RE-20 mics. The owner bought them about 10 years ago and used them in his recording studio. Said they were great sounding for vocals or recording drums and amps. Anyone ever seen anything like this? There is nothing on the St. Louis Music website. There are no letters or numbers anywhere on the mics.

aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Re: Mystery Mics

This is very interesting. It's a vocal/broadcast large diaphragm mic -based on the contained wind screening design. but large diaphragm dynamics are good for many many other things too.

Look at the mic detail on the end of mic body, they wouldn't seem to be inexpensive mics.

I'm intrigued.
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Perhaps something manufactured by EV for somebody else? Hard to imagine though as the 20 is one of their flagship products. Proof is in the pudding though. Set 'em up and hit the red button. Looks like a nice score for the mic locker!

Comment

Originally posted by SlyFoxx View Post
        Perhaps something manufactured by EV for somebody else? Hard to imagine though as the 20 is one of their flagship products. Proof is in the pudding though. Set 'em up and hit the red button. Looks like a nice score for the mic locker!
        I thing you are correct. It's either EV doing OEM manufacturing for someone, OR EV getting something made overseas for another brand marketed

-for some reason the casing looks Eastern European NOT US or Asian to me.
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Agreed. Could be EV production for someone else. Heil was mentioned on another forum. The question remains..... Who made them, and for who? What the heck are these things? They have the roll-off switch, just like the EV unit.

Comment

I emailed EV Tech Support and asked them about the mics. Probably won't hear from them until Monday....

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
              I emailed EV Tech Support and asked them about the mics. Probably won't hear from them until Monday....
              This is now bothering me, it's a race... I'm gonna figure it out before tech support.

Totally has a Czech, Polish, Ukrainian, Russian style industrial design IMO

Comment

Working...
              X