2 new guitars coming up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 new guitars coming up

After selling my old PC, 3 guitars, an FRFR monitor, a bass and my leftover pickups, I got enough to order 2 new guitars

Unfortunately their CNC machine is kaput for the moment, so I'll have to wait a bit longer

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Myaccount876
    Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Re: 2 new guitars coming up

I like the pics of the software, since I have no idea about that stuff. Keep posting pics here, this is great!
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      I like the pics of the software, since I have no idea about that stuff. Keep posting pics here, this is great!
      Definitely will

Basically, I've ordered 2 S-shaped guitars as you can see. I've ordered one with a maple fingerboard and another made from pau ferro.

I *can* hear a difference, and I know that it's a difference that can be accentuated with different sets of pickups, so I'm using different pickups on each of them.

Of course, I can't know what they'll sound like until they're assembled, so there will be fine tuning in that regard.

Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

Since I had my pick with the wood, I picked a pau ferro board (left) that's around as dark as some Indian rosewood boards (right)

Comment

Comment

Looking good! That’s a nice slab of Pau Ferro on that neck.
            I like company name carved into the headstock. Will that
            be filled in with anything? Can’t wait for updates!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSnMettle View Post
              Looking good! That’s a nice slab of Pau Ferro on that neck.
              I like company name carved into the headstock. Will that
              be filled in with anything? Can’t wait for updates!
              Oh it definitely will

The maple neck will have the logo filled with ebony and the pau ferro neck will be filled with leftover pau ferro from the cut slab

Comment

Nice!

Comment

They do look nice! What's with the notch at the front of the headstock? Is that just cosmetic, or does it serve some purpose?
                  Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                  This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                    They do look nice! What's with the notch at the front of the headstock? Is that just cosmetic, or does it serve some purpose?
                    Purely cosmetic.

When they started making guitars, the owner hired a designer to help with the logo and the headstock.

The designer simply started with "which band is your favorite?"

"I'm a fan of Pantera, " the owner answered

So the designer drafted a headstock that meant to evoke the image of a roaring panther.

Comment

Originally posted by Archer250 View Post
                      Purely cosmetic.

When they started making guitars, the owner hired a designer to help with the logo and the headstock.

So the designer drafted a headstock that meant to evoke the image of a roaring panther.

I love it. It really does look like a roaring panther

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Comment

thundecats hooo!

Comment

Originally posted by Archer250 View Post
                          Purely cosmetic.

Ha! I didn't see it before, but now I totally get the panther vibe.
                          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Pickups done

Comment

This is going to be cool.

Comment

Working...
                              X