Jackson MIJ Carved-top Dinky "Mutt"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson MIJ Carved-top Dinky "Mutt"

It's built from parts; body and neck are from the higher end of the MIJ Jacksons you could get in the mid-late 2000's.

Neck : DK2 Pro Dinky. Reverse headstock. Binding and decent looking inlays. Big frets are in perfect condition . This is the nicest bolt-on import Jackson neck you could get. The nut I bought was from allparts or something, and isn't quite the right fit for the guitar - so it looks a little off, but it works just fine.

Body : DKMG Dinky Carved Top. I think it's Mahagony. Looks brownish-red under the paint. Sounds really good. call it muscle car purple. My friends are convinced it's blue but I see purple. I put 2 racing stripes on the body, most likely removable - It's covering up a little paint ding which isn't all that bad.

Tuners : Locking Sperzel tuners.

Pickups : EMG 81/85

Bridge : Jackson Lo-Pro Trem. It's a licensed Floyd but I've never had any tuning issues. It's been blocked 90% of the time I've owned it, but when I did use the trem, it stayed in tune great.

Plays and sounds great but i haven't really played it in years. I just stuck a fresh battery in it and test drove and it's still working great . The carved top looks really nice, the colors reflect off the angles. The neck looks brand new, no finger grime whatsoever. and it's actually pretty nice. full binding, and the inlays which are fake pearl, are not mother of toilet seat, they have some nice color to them.

Body great shape overall but there are a few dings I've touched up.

Comes with a Pyramid brand padded gig bag.

Its hard to price a mutt. I wanna start by asking $450 for it, that's less than I paid for the parts and then you consider that most of the import Jacksons are now Indonesian for more money and less build quality. This guitar really rocks.

So I don't wanna do a flat shipping either. Because it can vary so much depending where you live. Just contact me if you want it, and we will work out shipping. I can certainly detach the neck to save on shipping costs.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BeKindRewind; 03-16-2021, 09:13 AM.

Re: Jackson MIJ Carved-top Dinky "Mutt"

I love that blue. Does the Dinky shape ever come in 22 frets?
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I love this guitar....and I want it.

Comment

Looks factory to me.
        aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          I love that blue. Does the Dinky shape ever come in 22 frets?
          Only in the early days of Jackson when they were a "made-to-order" company - I believe there are quite a few 22 fret soloists and dinkies made back then. But as far as I know, all production models have had 24. The Rhoads model Jacksons are the only ones I know of which come with 22 frets

Comment

Price drop $400

My wife wants her closet back. And this thing deserves to be played.

I'll be posting several more guitars and some pickups and etc. In the next few days too. Need the closet space and the cash

Comment

Bump, make an offer, I need it gone and it needs love

Comment

Bump, my wife is gonna kill me if I don't start getting rid of some stuff, so in other words I'm open to offers! Lol

Comment

Last bump before feebay

Comment

Bumping this, yes I'm still selling it and it looks like the forum update deleted my pictures - I'll work on getting those uploaded again ASAP

Comment

Working...
                    X