Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What guitar Duncan use to record sound samples? Pickup set - question

Hi!
    I wonder that what guitar Duncan use to record sound samples?
    Is it one same guitar or several different?
    I listened humbucker samples, and I most like Custom Custom and Pearly Gates set.
    Will it be good good to strat for 70s and 80s Hard Rock and Glam Metal tone?
    Guitar: Fender Strat- alder body, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard

Re: What guitar Duncan use to record sound samples? Pickup set - question

I think that set would get you very close, but the CC can be a little soft. I prefer the original Custom for more bite.

Comment

The Custom Custom has a lot of mids, and more power than the PG. The PG is like a PAF-type with more highs. Pick the EQ and power level you need.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

the pg is a paf type with a lot of upper mids, i think the 59 has more actual highs than the pg

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
          the pg is a paf type with a lot of upper mids, i think the 59 has more actual highs than the pg
          Could be it just seems that way because the 59 is so scooped the highs sound more prominent by comparison.
          Originally Posted by IanBallard
          Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

To the first question, Duncan has had different guys record the sound samples, so different guitars are involved depending on who recorded the samples. A couple of the guys that recorded samples for them are forum members.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
              To the first question, Duncan has had different guys record the sound samples, so different guitars are involved depending on who recorded the samples. A couple of the guys that recorded samples for them are forum members.

Right, different guitars, woods, amps, effects. That's going to happen, so what that pickup sounds like in your guitar & rig isn't necessarily going to be the same, or even close. A pickup in a Strat thru a Fender amp is going to sound different in a LP thru a Marshall. That's why I ignore sound samples. The public wants them so they get put on sites even though they can be misleading.
              "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
              "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
              "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Working...
              X