Nano mofos!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nano mofos!

Sounds good! Perfect for practice volumes. You can dial in the volume or eq that you want and then use the guitar's volume to control clean or dirty. It gets dirty pretty quickly and it actually takes more dialing to get a clean sound than vice versa like most amps. It has some reasonable vintage tone when clean and some pretty good clean breakup. Although it's not as rich as a nice amp.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ZVEX_Nano_Amp_2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	5853423

Name:	Amps.jpg
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	5853424
    The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Re: Nano mofos!

Had not heard of these. Are they just designed as a practice amp, or something else?
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

It gets an ideal balance between clean and dirty for practice volumes. I'm sure you could have a jam with it through a good cab. Not sure it would work for stage volumes but it might be possible thru a 2x12 or 4x12. I didn't crank it through my 2x12 today to see.
      I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        Had not heard of these. Are they just designed as a practice amp, or something else?
        For historical context, these were one of the few (the only?) micro tube amps options available on the market before the lunch box craze took off in the mid '00s.

Now just about every amp company has some sort of low watt/micro amp model.

Perhaps the Nanohead was the progenitor of which Orange drew much inspiration and success from.
        Last edited by Animal; 02-03-2020, 02:01 AM.

Comment

^ Do you know if the 1,2,3 switch is a wattage control or just a volume switch? I can't find jack on the operation of the switches although the other 2 are self explanatory.
          Last edited by Clint 55; 02-04-2020, 03:04 AM.
          I bought them for you

Comment

Cool, never heard of those, before the micro amp era, most people bought Peavey Backstages, or maybe a Pignose amp.... both pretty terrible.
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

^ It's friggin good!! U can get clean tube toanz or clean breakup at super low volumes!
              I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
                ^ Do you know if the 1,2,3 switch is a wattage control or just a volume switch? I can't find jack on the operation of the switches although the other 2 are self explanatory.
                If it's the same "skinny/medium/fat guy" switch from the original paint job design, then it should be a bass control.

1 = Skinny
                2 = Medium
                3 = Fat

Comment

Here's a demo. It's also my 1st try using 1 condenser to close mic and the other for room mic. It sounds grungy as eff!

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

Name:	20200205_101813.jpg
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	5818170
                  Last edited by Clint 55; 02-05-2020, 11:22 AM.
                  I bought them for you

Comment

Bought one of those when they came out (early 2Ks) partly as a curiosity but also to solve my "it's too damn loud" issue (which I figured out years later w/ slaving)

Cool little amp, but I sold it eventually. 2x micro tubes power it.

Comment

It doesn't have epic tone, but it sounds pretty damn good and the breakup point is pretty quiet letting you get clean or dirty at really low volume. I thought about returning it, but I'm gonna roll with it.
                      I bought them for you

Comment

Those can definitely be fun for bedroom level playing and I'm sure through a good cab, sound just fine. And they don't tend to destroy your ears.

Comment

^ Yep for sure. It's turning out to be the best practice amp ever. Forget bothering neighbors, I'm kickin out the jams and not even disturbing others in my own house!
                          I bought them for you

Comment

I now have the power soak on the Nano lol! Epic tone at 2 decibels.
                            I bought them for you

Comment

I'm disturbing the priest... (not kidding.. there's a catholic priest in the next building. It's a fair bit away, but I'm loud enough to give him hell )

But then, to be fair.. I disturb everybody

Long live Rock 'n Roll
                              "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
                              If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Working...
                              X