Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ehdwuld View Post
    You still got that John Deere Dean?
    Yes I do. Want it? It is on the block. I was gonna pimnp it to a John Deere Dealer. I've had offers before.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

• Two guitars this year, and one Warmoth that might get built next year. The ones this year were an Eastman 335-alike, and a steel string Godin Multiac.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

• Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        Two guitars this year, and one Warmoth that might get built next year. The ones this year were an Eastman 335-alike, and a steel string Godin Multiac.
        Wait - LOOPHOLE!!!!!!

A Warmoth isn't used. Would have to be new. But is it really a guitar????? I think NOT!!!!!

A neck is a neck - but it isn't a guitar.
        A guitar body is a body, but not a guitar.
        A Floyd is a bride - not a guitar!

Warmoth PARTS are no guitars anymore than arms, legs heads are people!!!!!!

I CAN BUY ALL THE WARMOTH PARTS I WANT AND ASSEMBLE THEM AT WILL!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aceman View Post

Wait - LOOPHOLE!!!!!!

A Warmoth isn't used. Would have to be new. But is it really a guitar????? I think NOT!!!!!

It’s like my Theseus’ Strat. I started with one Strat, changed the pickups, then pickguard, then body... then bridge.... I got a cool neck and replaced it... At which point I think the only original items would have been the neck plate and output jack hand plate? So I got new ones and basically ended up with a new guitar and the original guitar.

By the way, impressive sticking to it over 2020. Any other year... haha
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aceman View Post

Wait - LOOPHOLE!!!!!!

Thing is, you will get better guitars in the end than finished products by a lot of companies! If I spend $1500 on a build, but over the course of 6 months, for some reason, I feel better about it.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

• Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

It’s like my Theseus’ Strat. I started with one Strat, changed the pickups, then pickguard, then body... then bridge.... I got a cool neck and replaced it... At which point I think the only original items would have been the neck plate and output jack hand plate? So I got new ones and basically ended up with a new guitar and the original guitar.

By the way, impressive sticking to it over 2020. Any other year... haha
              My most recent Warmoth happened similarly. It was an Esquire with a maple Strat neck. I had the neck from another build with a MIM Strat body that I sold. The Esquire was fun but couldn't get it to balance right (neck dive). Sold the body fully loaded, kept the neck. Got a Strat body from the Warmoth Showcase and all the necessary hardware. Then changed the neck to a baked maple with a 1 5/8" nut width, new tuners, and sold the plain maple neck with the tuners that were on it. Only difference is I ended up with a totally different guitar and only 1. The Esquire slowly morphed in to the Strat I have now, and I love it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Thing is, you will get better guitars in the end than finished products by a lot of companies! If I spend $1500 on a build, but over the course of 6 months, for some reason, I feel better about it.
                Yup. I haven't totaled up what mine cost but I know that it feels better and plays better for me than anything else on the walls at a shop.

Comment

• Good luck Aceman! I whittled mine done from 13 guitars to 5 over the last 12 months. I have tried to stick to the "one in, one out" philosophy more or less but if I run across a good deal on a great guitar I'll consider purchasing it. Only thing that I am kind of thinking about for 2021 is a used Bozeman Gibson Songwriter Deluxe; played one locally and was really impressed with it for body size/comfort, big full tone and overall build quality.
                  MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial
                  1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
                  1988 Kramer Nightswan
                  1989 Charvel Sambora
                  2016 Warmoth Hellacaster
                  Boogie Private Reserve Lone Star Combo
                  Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by muttznmongrelz View Post
                    Good luck Aceman! I whittled mine done from 13 guitars to 5 over the last 12 months. I have tried to stick to the "one in, one out" philosophy more or less but if I run across a good deal on a great guitar I'll consider purchasing it. Only thing that I am kind of thinking about for 2021 is a used Bozeman Gibson Songwriter Deluxe; played one locally and was really impressed with it for body size/comfort, big full tone and overall build quality.
                    Sorry for the OT - how did you do the wind down? How did you decide what to keep and what to let go of? I want to do something similar, but I bought everything for a reason still like them....
                    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

• Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

Sorry for the OT - how did you do the wind down? How did you decide what to keep and what to let go of? I want to do something similar, but I bought everything for a reason still like them....
                      Basically; I had a bevy of guitars and I tended to gravitate to the same couple of guitars, i.e., they were my "favorites" for playability/feel/tone reasons so those were the ones I chose to keep. I figured it better to have a handful to which I really gravitate than a "herd" sitting in cases per se. Don't get me wrong; I still liked most of the guitars I sold but they were seldom used and sat in their cases so my first thought was "why not convert them to cash" and my second being that "if I run across another truly awesome guitar, I can pick it up".

After I had liquidated the below eight guitars and one amp I just stashed away and accumulated the cash so that I could pick up a couple replacement guitars when/if I ran across something that appealed to me. To date that has been an '88 Kramer Nightswan Blue Metallic, '04 Roman Quicksilver Classic Archtop, a Rivera Hundred Duo Combo, and, as of a couple days ago an '89 ESP Maverick Deluxe Maple Fretboard Purple Metallic. Puts me at six guitars and two amps which is a gear reduction of 53.8% and still left me with $5k in cash for my Corvette Restoration Fund!

Electrics:

- 2009 Gibson Studio Raw Power Les Paul Trans Aqua (Maple Fretboard/Maple Body/SD Jazz-JB)
                      - 2009 Gibson Studio Raw Power Les Paul Trans Satin White (Maple Fretboard/Maple Body/SD JNJ-CCJ)
                      - 1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial 3 Color Sunburst (Maple Fretboard/Maple Body/SD JNJ-DiMarzio Tone Zone F)
                      - 2013 Warmoth Iceman (Maple Neck/Mahogany Body/SD Jazz B-CC/TB4J A2 Hybrid)
                      - 2018 Frankenstein (USACG Maple Neck/KNE Azusa Ash Body/DiMarzio True Velvet-NOS TB4J)
                      - 1989 Seafoam Green Pacer Custom II (parted/sold)
                      - Charvel MIJ SD Neck/KNE GGG (parted/sold)

Acoustic:

- 1989 Guild F50 BLD Blonde Jumbo Westerly R.I. USA

Amps:

- 1992 Peavey 5150 2x12

The most recently procured '89 ESP Maple Fretboard Maverick Deluxe:

Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 12-18-2020, 12:59 PM.
                      MuttznMongrelz

1983 Kramer Pacer Imperial
                      1983 Kramer Pacer Deluxe
                      1988 Kramer Nightswan
                      1989 Charvel Sambora
                      2016 Warmoth Hellacaster
                      Boogie Private Reserve Lone Star Combo
                      Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve

sigpic

Comment

• The only type of guitar that I would consider getting now would be a nice acoustic/electric. But since what I consider "nice" is out of my budget, I don't see it happening any time soon.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

• So - technically I have violated my 2020 vow. There is indeed a new guitar in the house.

However....(and Demaniac - whatch this as my "Fight The Power" by not fighting move from my option D that I have not discussed....but..."Monetize Everything")

However - Logistics dictated that I make this move when I did, so executing Operation Big As Texas yesterday.

So now the new Battle Cry is

NO NEW GUITARS IN 2021!!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X