Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 81 to 96 of 96

Thread: NO NEW (or used) GUITARS!!!!!

  1. #81
    OH THE GLAZE! Clint 55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Santa Fe
    Posts
    7,993

    Default Re: NO NEW (or used) GUITARS!!!!!

    I scored it. I'm out of control.

    Name:  Fridge.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  39.3 KB
    Up above
    Aliens hover
    Making home movies
    For the folks back home

  2. #82
    Toneologist mojosman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    951

    Default Re: NO NEW (or used) GUITARS!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Clint 55 View Post
    I scored it. I'm out of control.

    Name:  Fridge.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  39.3 KB
    You bought a Leslie?! Awesome! Since back in the 90’s when I would watch Ronnie Earl play. He would have a Strat, an old blackface tweed amp, and a Leslie. Not a single pedal. He had the best tone, and the only effect he used was the Leslie. I always thought owning one would be cool, but I could never justify the purchase. Congratulations on a very cool score!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #83
    OH THE GLAZE! Clint 55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Santa Fe
    Posts
    7,993

    Default Re: NO NEW (or used) GUITARS!!!!!

    Thx! I got it primarily to go with my Hammond XK-1c, but I'm excited to hear how it will sound with guitar!
    Up above
    Aliens hover
    Making home movies
    For the folks back home

  4. #84
    Toneologist mojosman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    951

    Default Re: NO NEW (or used) GUITARS!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Clint 55 View Post
    Thx! I got it primarily to go with my Hammond XK-1c, but I'm excited to hear how it will sound with guitar!
    It’s very cool, but it’s got limited applications. Stevie Ray used one, Doyle Bramhall II, and Ronnie Earl all use one. No pedal designed to simulate one really sounds as good as the real deal. I think you’re gonna love it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #85
    Ultimate Tone Slacker
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Dateing your cougar aunt
    Posts
    2,456

    Default Re: NO NEW (or used) GUITARS!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Aceman View Post
    This year. Definitely this time.

    I failed miserably at that goal last year, but a Pink Dean Cadillac and killer sale of a BC Rich came around....Plus Gene's Toilet Seat Hamer.

    I'm 1 month down, 11 to go.

    * Rule - IF I can finance a guitar via the sale of other guitars, that does not count. THE BOTTOM LINE IS IF ANYTHING SHOWS UP, GUITAR(S) OF EQUAL VALUE MUST HAVE DEPARTED.

    I know this is the wrong place to get that kind of help....but keep me in line guys!
    so a few years back I took a job at Guitar Center call center to get some more gear at good prices. some guy calls in and orders a white guitar. he exclaims........Phil, its got to be white. I only buy white.........So I asked him why? Just then he whispers......hold on just a minute, stay with me........there is dead silence for about 2 minutes and then he starts talking again........whew that was close. My wife just yelled down to me to ask what I was doing in my guitar room cuz I was kinda quiet for a minute........I start lauphing and I ask him.......so does your wife keep pretty good tabs on ya?. He says.......well she thinks she does but I only buy white guitars for that reason. When I play she always asks me which one Im playing and I always say, its just the white one honey. As long as I keep buying white guitars she never knows the difference!

  6. #86
    Tone Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    267

    Default Re: NO NEW (or used) GUITARS!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by philthis View Post
    As long as I keep buying white guitars she never knows the difference!
    Ah, truth and honesty, the cornerstone(s?) of every successful relationship.

  7. #87
    Tone Member SAguitar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    300

    Default Re: NO NEW (or used) GUITARS!!!!!

    At some point you can reach Critical Mass. After that point, the wife does not know how many guitars are stored at the house. Seriously though, at my advanced age I decided I actually do have enough guitars, and haven't bought one for over 5 years now. But with stompboxes, and specifically overdrives I seem to always think the next one will be The One.
    "Live by the Groove, Die by the Groove."

  8. #88
    OH THE GLAZE! Clint 55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Santa Fe
    Posts
    7,993

    Default Re: NO NEW (or used) GUITARS!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by philthis View Post
    so a few years back I took a job at Guitar Center call center to get some more gear at good prices. some guy calls in and orders a white guitar. he exclaims........Phil, its got to be white. I only buy white.........So I asked him why? Just then he whispers......hold on just a minute, stay with me........there is dead silence for about 2 minutes and then he starts talking again........whew that was close. My wife just yelled down to me to ask what I was doing in my guitar room cuz I was kinda quiet for a minute........I start lauphing and I ask him.......so does your wife keep pretty good tabs on ya?. He says.......well she thinks she does but I only buy white guitars for that reason. When I play she always asks me which one Im playing and I always say, its just the white one honey. As long as I keep buying white guitars she never knows the difference!
    Too cute
    Up above
    Aliens hover
    Making home movies
    For the folks back home

  9. #89
    Toneologist Open lane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    807

    Default Re: NO NEW (or used) GUITARS!!!!!

    Caved.

  10. #90
    mild old man perv Aceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I came from outer space - that's how I know your name!
    Age
    53
    Posts
    35,400

    Default Re: NO NEW (or used) GUITARS!!!!!

    OK - Gonna get through February.

    Not doing so well in the Pedal Board room though...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

  11. #91
    Mojo's Minions
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    In a Studio with your Mom
    Posts
    5,251

    Default Re: NO NEW (or used) GUITARS!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by NegativeEase View Post
    Ok, sold another AMP and Guitar -so now I'm just +2 on Guitars for the year and one was my grandmother's -couldn't really turn that down.
    Sold another amp. So now +2 on guitars and -1 on Amps for the year . -so things are starting to go in the right direction.
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

  12. #92
    OH THE GLAZE! Clint 55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Santa Fe
    Posts
    7,993

    Default Re: NO NEW (or used) GUITARS!!!!!

    Just made a $0.05 profit by selling my used speaker on ebay like a dumbass. Oh well, now I know.
    Up above
    Aliens hover
    Making home movies
    For the folks back home

  13. #93
    Mojo's Minions
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    In a Studio with your Mom
    Posts
    5,251

    Default Re: NO NEW (or used) GUITARS!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Clint 55 View Post
    Just made a $0.05 profit by selling my used speaker on ebay like a dumbass. Oh well, now I know.
    I sold a studio power amp that is worth about 2k used on Ebay last year, forgot to put a reserve and started bidding at $500 to entice bids.

    sold for $503 bucks, basically lost like 1000 to 1500 dollars on that transaction.

    If that makes you feel better.
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

  14. #94
    OH THE GLAZE! Clint 55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Santa Fe
    Posts
    7,993

    Default Re: NO NEW (or used) GUITARS!!!!!

    Haha, holy ****.
    Up above
    Aliens hover
    Making home movies
    For the folks back home

  15. #95
    Mojo's Minions
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    In a Studio with your Mom
    Posts
    5,251

    Default Re: NO NEW (or used) GUITARS!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Clint 55 View Post
    Haha, holy ****.


    i got murdered for not paying attention to my listing.
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

  16. #96
    OH THE GLAZE! Clint 55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Santa Fe
    Posts
    7,993

    Default Re: NO NEW (or used) GUITARS!!!!!

    Lol just brutal. Well at least I did a good deed. Gave a person a nice, perfect, broken in, $89 speaker for $60 while spending $59.95 to ship it to them.
    Up above
    Aliens hover
    Making home movies
    For the folks back home

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •