NO NEW (or used) GUITARS!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NO NEW (or used) GUITARS!!!!!

I've already failed.... Little bit of Jim Beam mixed with Reverb. I made an offer I didn't think would be accepted. Woke up this morning to an offer accepted Email. Oh well, I've been wanting a semi-hollowbody anyway haha
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" -Mario Andretti

"Cuz we both know I'm just a lost cause, a wannabe poet with a cheap guitar, begging for applause"

Comment

Gosh I've done that a few times... New pedal or pickups show up at the door.... Run go check my eBay.... Sure enough bought it after a night of rot gut!
      Haven't done a whole guitar though.
      Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Comment

Just scored this. I'm out of control. I know I'll run out of stuff to get some time!

The things that you wanted
        I bought them for you

Comment

I thought of more gear to get. A leslie speaker for my digital hammond.
          I bought them for you

Comment

I got the one for you Aceman!

Under $200, custom just for you

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0086[5296].jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	5818243
            Last edited by Wattage; 02-17-2020, 09:27 AM.
            My Bands -
            https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
            www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
            www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
            GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

I scored it. I'm out of control.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fridge.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	5818251
              I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
                I scored it. I'm out of control.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]103343[/ATTACH]
                You bought a Leslie?! Awesome! Since back in the 90’s when I would watch Ronnie Earl play. He would have a Strat, an old blackface tweed amp, and a Leslie. Not a single pedal. He had the best tone, and the only effect he used was the Leslie. I always thought owning one would be cool, but I could never justify the purchase. Congratulations on a very cool score!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thx! I got it primarily to go with my Hammond XK-1c, but I'm excited to hear how it will sound with guitar!
                  I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
                    Thx! I got it primarily to go with my Hammond XK-1c, but I'm excited to hear how it will sound with guitar!
                    It’s very cool, but it’s got limited applications. Stevie Ray used one, Doyle Bramhall II, and Ronnie Earl all use one. No pedal designed to simulate one really sounds as good as the real deal. I think you’re gonna love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                      This year. Definitely this time.

I failed miserably at that goal last year, but a Pink Dean Cadillac and killer sale of a BC Rich came around....Plus Gene's Toilet Seat Hamer.

I'm 1 month down, 11 to go.

* Rule - IF I can finance a guitar via the sale of other guitars, that does not count. THE BOTTOM LINE IS IF ANYTHING SHOWS UP, GUITAR(S) OF EQUAL VALUE MUST HAVE DEPARTED.

I know this is the wrong place to get that kind of help....but keep me in line guys!
                      so a few years back I took a job at Guitar Center call center to get some more gear at good prices. some guy calls in and orders a white guitar. he exclaims........Phil, its got to be white. I only buy white.........So I asked him why? Just then he whispers......hold on just a minute, stay with me........there is dead silence for about 2 minutes and then he starts talking again........whew that was close. My wife just yelled down to me to ask what I was doing in my guitar room cuz I was kinda quiet for a minute........I start lauphing and I ask him.......so does your wife keep pretty good tabs on ya?. He says.......well she thinks she does but I only buy white guitars for that reason. When I play she always asks me which one Im playing and I always say, its just the white one honey. As long as I keep buying white guitars she never knows the difference!

Comment

Originally posted by philthis View Post
                        As long as I keep buying white guitars she never knows the difference!
                        Ah, truth and honesty, the cornerstone(s?) of every successful relationship.

Comment

At some point you can reach Critical Mass. After that point, the wife does not know how many guitars are stored at the house. Seriously though, at my advanced age I decided I actually do have enough guitars, and haven't bought one for over 5 years now. But with stompboxes, and specifically overdrives I seem to always think the next one will be The One.
                          "Live by the Groove, Die by the Groove."

Comment

Originally posted by philthis View Post
                            so a few years back I took a job at Guitar Center call center to get some more gear at good prices. some guy calls in and orders a white guitar. he exclaims........Phil, its got to be white. I only buy white.........So I asked him why? Just then he whispers......hold on just a minute, stay with me........there is dead silence for about 2 minutes and then he starts talking again........whew that was close. My wife just yelled down to me to ask what I was doing in my guitar room cuz I was kinda quiet for a minute........I start lauphing and I ask him.......so does your wife keep pretty good tabs on ya?. He says.......well she thinks she does but I only buy white guitars for that reason. When I play she always asks me which one Im playing and I always say, its just the white one honey. As long as I keep buying white guitars she never knows the difference!
                            Too cute
                            I bought them for you

Comment

Caved.

Comment

OK - Gonna get through February.

Not doing so well in the Pedal Board room though...
                                Originally posted by Bad City
                                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                                X