• Show
Clear All

Re: NO NEW (or used) GUITARS!!!!!

True
    The things that you wanted
    I bought them for you

Comment

I will slightly compensate for those abstaining from 2020 guitar purchases.

It has been 1 year and 4 months since my last guitar purchase.
      I do have the Fender Player Lead III pre-ordered, which should be arriving the last week in February.
      However I may sell my backup Strat, so I'll have to buy something else to stay in the "plus column" for the 2020.
      I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Those Fender lead axs look hella cool.
        I bought them for you

Comment

My rescue '81 Lead II is a blast to play and it sounds great. There is some info on it in the Fender NAMM 2020 thread.

My Lead II is also why I decided I could sell my backup Strat. Which helps bring us back on topic as I need to decide what to buy if I do sell the backup Strat...
          I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
            Is the action so bad that a TR and bridge saddle adjustment won't help?
            I know - a truss rod may be the ticket. Happened on a sudden temperature drop evening on an outdoor gig....

Bridge/saddle not needed. But again - had neck reattached. At some point you declare the patient dead.
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
              Would you trade in your car when it needs new tires and an oil change? No, you'd get new tires and get the oil changed. Maintenance, that's all it is. Find a good local tech and have it taken care of.
              It would be frickin' awesome to be able to do that!

Comment

Originally posted by formula73 View Post
                Only if you buy them from me.
                You are my official Distortion source.

Originally posted by Wattage View Post
                Depends on what they come in lol
                I have absolutely bout a $75 pickup, that came in a $90-120 "box" on a couple of occasions, well documented here.
                - JB in a $260 Cadillac special edition
                - Demon in a $160 Neon Yellow Kramer

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                  You are my official Distortion source.

I have absolutely bout a $75 pickup, that came in a $90-120 "box" on a couple of occasions, well documented here.
                  - JB in a $260 Cadillac special edition
                  - Demon in a $160 Neon Yellow Kramer
                  Ace, if you change out each part on your guitar one part at a time, you will have a new guitar each time if you subscribe to the doctrine of Mereological essentialism.

Problem solved, GAS achieved, Wife does not know better.
                  “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I ordered a delux 12" 15 wat Celestion speaker last night while drunk. I'm out of control. A 2nd Neumann TLM 49 will probably be next.
                    Last edited by Clint 55; 02-08-2020, 01:39 PM.
                    I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
                      I ordered a delux 12" 15 wat Celestion speaker last night while drunk. I'm out of control. A 2nd Neumann TLM 49 will probably be next.
                      If you don't mind me asking, why would you need a second TLM49? What are you miking?
                      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

To track 2 amps at once. I probably don't need to do that. I could probably just record the amps separately. But I tried it with 1 tlm and 1 pos and the tone came out great. The bad thing is the tlm isn't sensitive enough to room mic. I only have my pos for that. What do you think?

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio
                        I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                          You can always justify it if it is something you 'need'.

I am looking for a comfortable acoustic that is the size of a solidbody, but sounds amazing plugged in. My Acoustic Variax fits the bill now, but it has developed some weird static thing in the preamp, and those aren't available anymore. So if I find a good deal on a Godin Multiac or something like it, I'll do it. But I use it for work, you know.
                          A friend of mine swears by his Alvarez FCF7103. I had an LTD TL6 that I liked, but the electronics are awful and I had to run it through a TC Bodyrez to get it to sound decent.

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
                            To track 2 amps at once. I probably don't need to do that. I could probably just record the amps separately. But I tried it with 1 tlm and 1 pos and the tone came out great. The bad thing is the tlm isn't sensitive enough to room mic. I only have my pos for that. What do you think?

https://soundcloud.com/clint-jones-278219447/2-mics
                            Just a ton of mic capability for a guitar cabinet IMO . -I'd rather close mic with a dynamic or ribbon and for the cost of one TLM 49 you could stereo room mic with a pair of Neumann KM184

Just a thought.

What pre are you using? You already own one TLM49? you could buy an awesome pre which would probably serve you better then 2 TLM 49s.

Comment

I'm using an Apollo Twin. I really like it. That with just close micing my 1 TLM 49 gives me all the track quality I need. I'm just thinking for other sounds down the road. How do ribbon mics compare to condensers? Edit: oh they're dynamic mics. Naah. I'm done with dynamic mics. I can still get the middy, compressed sound with my tlm if I place it between 2-4 inches away only it sounds way better. And if I place it 4+ inches away it's super dynamic with some room detail.
                              Last edited by Clint 55; 02-08-2020, 04:03 PM.
                              I bought them for you

Comment

Screw that.

Imma get one-a dese:

Click image for larger version

Name:	MX19198047-body-large.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	5818198

...and one-a dese:

Name:	front-banner-1600_900.jpg
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	5818199

...and maybe one-a dese:

Name:	0144060306_gtr_frt_001_rr.jpg
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	5818200
                                Originally posted by LesStrat
                                Yogi Berra was correct.
                                Originally posted by JOLLY
                                I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X