Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pickup Wiring Help Needed

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
    It's the same idea as Brian May's guitar, but instead of selecting coils he selects which pup is on and whether it is in or out of phase with the other pups.

Your diagram is perfectly clear and will work as you intend.
    Won't the magnet fields of each pickup in the pair interfere with the other, given that the two pickups are so close in proximity to each other? Especially with one of the pair having its magnets topside in the polepieces.

I thought i have seen threads in this forum that have said this is the reason why you don't see humbuckers made out of two singecoil type pickups slapped together (?)

EDIT: found one example: https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...slot-in-bridge

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200204_211652.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	5818161
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20200204_205838.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	5818162
    Last edited by Jack_TriPpEr; 02-04-2020, 08:22 PM. Reason: Found an example to share
    Sanford: "The hardest part about tone chasing is losing the expectations associated with the hardware."

Comment

Re: Pickup Wiring Help Needed

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
      Yeah . . . those slide switches have always been a gray area for me as far as DPDT, DP3T, etc. goes. I was more answering the OP's original question.

Here's an example where Switchcraft themselves, call that a DP3T switch: https://www.etronic-parts.com/Guitar...-on::1142.html
      Well, I'm still not so sure about that slider. I'd have to measure each lug and position with a meter. I can see that it has 3 positions, but I can't see how it could possibly be 3 throws. By definition, to be a 3T switch each pole needs to have a separate connection to each of those throws. I just don't see how any of the lugs of that slider can have a separate electrical connection to three other lugs. Sometimes people (even manufacturers) get the terms "throws" and "positions" mixed up. That slider has 3 positions, but it can't have 3 throws.
      Originally Posted by IanBallard
      Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
      X