NPD: Super Badass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPD: Super Badass

I don't know why this pedal isn't held in high esteem around this joint, it is a beast. Super simple, easily attainable, wide ranging and great sounding.

My Bands -
    https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
    www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
    GUITAR KULTURE

Re: NPD: Super Badass

I'm more a fan of the plain old Bad@$$.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

the 3 band EQ wins all day for me
      My Bands -
      https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
      www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
      www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
      GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

I think MXR is too good for their own good. All of their products sound great and perform as advertised but hip kids and corksniffers prefer flashy logos and the cool new builders. I'm guilty too. I have tons of boutique and vintage junk. But if I had to build a board from scratch using nothing but MXR I know I'd sound fine.
        green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

I like the Full Bore Metal.

Comment

Some of their stuff I like, the od and distortion stuff doesnt agree with my setup.
            1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
            Jackson Soloist 7 string
            ESP LTD M-400
            Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

I like the fact that the Full Bore has both a noisegate option and a midscoop button. Makes for quite a versatile pedal.

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
                I think MXR is too good for their own good. All of their products sound great and perform as advertised but hip kids and corksniffers prefer flashy logos and the cool new builders. I'm guilty too. I have tons of boutique and vintage junk. But if I had to build a board from scratch using nothing but MXR I know I'd sound fine.
                Nah - they have retro-chic going for them.And I'll argue they aren't all amazeballs stuff. No doubt the '78 and the Carbon Copy are super performers though.

But they are currently in a great spot.
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
                  Dunlop (with MXR, Crybaby, Way Huge, etc.) has been killing it. I agree, I could go 100% Dunlop and be more than happy. Jeorge Tripps has done a lot of great design. I think the boutique boom has been great for Dunlop and Boss, they are both doing great stuff.
                  Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Is the EQ active on this? Is it pre or post gain?
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                      Dunlop (with MXR, Crybaby, Way Huge, etc.) has been killing it. I agree, I could go 100% Dunlop and be more than happy. Jeorge Tripps has done a lot of great design. I think the boutique boom has been great for Dunlop and Boss, they are both doing great stuff.
                      Oh yeah. The Way Huge line is amazing. I still need to grab a Pork Loin for my bass board..
                      green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Ive used the Custom, the Super, and the 78.

I love all 3, they are beautiful and underrated.

I use a Custom Badass in my rig now.
                        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                          Is the EQ active on this? Is it pre or post gain?
                          It is active, +/- 12dB if I remember. Don't know if it is pre or post gain. Makes it VERY useful, though. It didn't give me exactly what I wanted so like a dork I sold mine and then thought of 5 uses for it. I may become one of those people who has to buy the same pedal more than once. (I have already done that twice so I guess I AM one of those people now.)

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Locher View Post
                            It is active, +/- 12dB if I remember. Don't know if it is pre or post gain. Makes it VERY useful, though. It didn't give me exactly what I wanted so like a dork I sold mine and then thought of 5 uses for it. I may become one of those people who has to buy the same pedal more than once. (I have already done that twice so I guess I AM one of those people now.)
                            Once you get used to a 3 band active EQ, it is hard to go back. Parametric mids are even better.
                            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                              I agree. Both companies have been forced by competition to step-up their game.

Comment

Working...
                              X