Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Franken-Super Strat... ideas?

Hey all!

So, I'm thinking that I want to wire my guitar something like this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Super Strat.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	5853430

Any idea if this is plausible or complete insanity?

Would a DPDT or DP3T switch work better for on/off/on?

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Re: Franken-Super Strat... ideas?

It is feasible but I'm not sure how much utility you will get from multiple volumes?

Comment

Originally posted by idsnowdog View Post
      It is feasible but I'm not sure how much utility you will get from multiple volumes?
      Each volume will help with playing with multiple pickups (or my belief anyway). You could have a neck single coil activated with, middle off, and a bridge hot rail switched on, but rolled off to about 5, could help add a little bight. Eh? That's how I'm thinking of it, at least.

Further tweakability? Useless? Who knows...

Comment

Will placing the pickups that close to one another mess with their magnetic fields and change the sound?
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
          Will placing the pickups that close to one another mess with their magnetic fields and change the sound?
          I honestly have no idea, I'm hoping the hot rails will hopefully not pose as much of a problem, as long as no unwanted hum pops up I really won't be disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
            I have put rails together with stacked single coils with no problems (Dimarzio Fastrack II and Dimarzio Virtual Vintage 2.4). They were wired s/h/s. If there's an interaction between the two magnetic fields I couldn't hear it and I'm not sure it degraded either pickups magnets?

Putting two staggered single coil pickups back to back and running them as a humbucker sucked though. Because the stagger of the two conflicted. I would have been better off pushing the magnets out of the bobbins and matching up their stagger.
            Last edited by idsnowdog; 02-04-2020, 02:34 PM.

Comment

If I ever tried something like that I would rather use a humbucker that has nice split sounds like PRails or Screaming Demon or the Stag Mag... and just a true single coil in the middle. I once heard a demo of a PRS which had very good HB and SC sounds in the same guitar. I understand the pickup design and electronics are not conventional. Finally, I think the most versatile yet simple approach is just using a an HSS guitar with an overwound neck single coil, like an STK-S6 or STK-S7.
              Who took my guitar?

Comment

Stag Mag in neck position
                Find me on facebook:http://www.facebook.com/DariusWaveStagMag is a humbucker pickup literally made of 2 separated single coils - both have "height cut" pole ...

Screamin Demon in bridge position
                - Demo starts at 3:20The first video from Yamaha Guitar Development showing some of the mods the team are doing for artists, prototypes and (occasionally) ju...
                Who took my guitar?

Comment

You might want to check out this pickup https://www.warmanguitars.co.uk/prod...o-single-coil/

Comment

Working...
                  X