Red Devils or Pearly Gates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Devils or Pearly Gates

My main question is whether the Red Devils can be directed mounted? If not, would they fit in a Kiesel Delos? I know what they sound like, that’s why I want a set. It comes down to the guitar I put them in. I’m trying to figure that out.

Thanks!

Re: Red Devils or Pearly Gates

Originally posted by hselburn60 View Post
    My main question is whether the Red Devils can be directed mounted? If not, would they fit in a Kiesel Delos? I know what they sound like, that’s why I want a set. It comes down to the guitar I put them in. I’m trying to figure that out.

Thanks!
    Am I able to split the coils, and in what combinations? How crazy am I able to get?

Comment

I haven't looked at them in a while, but I'm pretty sure you can split them b/c I was thinking I could wire up a RD bridge to auto split with the middle pickup on my Strat. Never got around to getting one though.

Comment

the red devils are 4 conductor pups so you can run them in series, parallel, and split. as far as mounting... if you have the right wood screws, i cant see why not. ive direct mounted similar pups before. i assume they would fit the guitar fine but im no kiesel expert

Comment

The Red Devils have machine threads, but if you were to find a wood screw that fits, then sure! Lots of people have figured out ways to direct mount these kinds of pickups. They should fit in your Kiesel, providing that they have standard measurements. They are 4 conductor, so they are able to be split or wired in parallel, too.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Look hard at the dimensions as been playing Carvin/ Kiesel guitars since the early 90's owned BUNCH of them over the years and own 6 right now. Know from experience that a set of duncan buckers with covers will not fit most of the humbucker routs on the older guitars and also that they don't rout for singles with the wiring at the rear on the base plate. The Delos has the pick guard and I think the singles have the magnet Wings if so your ok but don't know if with the other guitars that direct mount aftermarket single coil size pickups will fit. Also I would suspect Kiesel is using a machine screw insert system to direct mount like my Washburn USA's do as know they drill the mount tabs on direct mount humbuckers.
            Last edited by Ascension; 02-06-2020, 10:00 AM.
            Guitars
            Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
            Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Working...
            X